Amazon leaked bionic pics

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score

anuraj1

Reaction score
it's the same exact targa from the DX2...meaning it will be the same. And if you get that ever so famously picked on QHD screen.....prepare for the Bionic "pentile" complaint threads ;)

oh....this says 2.2
Motorola DROID BIONIC specs - Phone Arena

and this
Motorola Droid Bionic Review - Watch CNET's Video Review

I hope they are wrong. But I can tell you this. That whole "pentile" thing you are reading about is so much worse on the X2 than the D3....due to smaller screen on D3....wonder what an even bigger screen in the Bionic will do for that.

You are flooding multiple threads with misinformation dude. Targa and Tegra are not the same thing.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
it's the same exact targa from the DX2...meaning it will be the same. And if you get that ever so famously picked on QHD screen.....prepare for the Bionic "pentile" complaint threads ;)

oh....this says 2.2
Motorola DROID BIONIC specs - Phone Arena

and this
Motorola Droid Bionic Review - Watch CNET's Video Review

I hope they are wrong. But I can tell you this. That whole "pentile" thing you are reading about is so much worse on the X2 than the D3....due to smaller screen on D3....wonder what an even bigger screen in the Bionic will do for that.

You are flooding multiple threads with misinformation dude. Targa and Tegra are not the same thing.

agreed. "Targa" is a codename for a phone...."Tegra" is a processor used in your phone.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Someone needs to hang out in the Bionic sections a lil more often...lol

These pics have popped up everywhere. At least some excitement is brewing again. The sliver around the entire phone is something I dont think we've seen before.

anuraj1

Reaction score
I'll have to see the silver in person. I hope it is metallic and not just silver colored plastic. I like the black metal around the D1's screen.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I truly hope to be proven wrong.

Let me clarify my position here. I am not attacking anybody or any potential owners. I tend to try and stay up on new devices and have been Google'ing this particular phone for half an hour now and am finding the same spec's over and over.

BUT...if the Bionic ships with unlocked bootloader...that would be huge plus
If it comes with 2.3.4 that is good too....but you wont have root for a while.

The reason I am skeptical is due to the X2. Nothing shows the short comings of the X2 like the D3. It seems like Moto sat back and said "hmm....we are having a lot of complaints about this thing being slow...dang Tegra....let's put the OMAP in the D3 and put a newer OS" I guess what I am saying is this. The D3 IS a great successor to the D1 and D2. The X2 is not a good successor to the X. Yes it is faster and a bit better...but just not that much different from the X.

I just keep seeing all this hype over the Bionic and am having a tough time justifying it.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
For the FCC docs, look for Battery Door Report, some specs are on page 6 of the pdf.

713King

Reaction score
omg this forum has turned out to have a lot of whiners, shut up about specs and what it may or not have just wait for the damn phone to come out. I hope the bootloader is locked so everyone can go on a rage about it and whine some more

BlacknTan

Reaction score
You aint seen whining yet. Just wait until the pentile haters come around.

I, for one, am *really* geeked about this phone. I will be ordering it the minute it becomes available.

And just to be clear:

1. I don't care that it might have a pentile screen. Seriously, you people are every bit as bad as the audiophiles who moan about mp3's
2. I'm not interested in the galaxy s2 (since it likely won't have LTE), nor do I care that you like that phone better.
3. I could give two craps about the bootloader either way. I hacked my Droid 1. Been there, done that. If I never have to wipe and reload my apps ever again I will be perfectly happy.

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
My sentiments exactly ^^^

anuraj1

Reaction score
You aint seen whining yet. Just wait until the pentile haters come around.

I, for one, am *really* geeked about this phone. I will be ordering it the minute it becomes available.

And just to be clear:

1. I don't care that it might have a pentile screen. Seriously, you people are every bit as bad as the audiophiles who moan about mp3's
2. I'm not interested in the galaxy s2 (since it likely won't have LTE), nor do I care that you like that phone better.
3. I could give two craps about the bootloader either way. I hacked my Droid 1. Been there, done that. If I never have to wipe and reload my apps ever again I will be perfectly happy.

Agreed! But I would like to have root eventually... dancedroid