Amazon auto login single account

Moses1446

Reaction score
I just got my Note and love it, but this is frustrating. I have an amazon account for the Amazon App Store and a separate account for my Kindle. (Shared with my wife). When I log into either of those apps on my Note, it automatically logs into an Amazon account (in settings) and links the other Amazon apps to that account as well.
This makes either my Amazon apps not work ("You don't own this app") or whisper sync not work on the kindle (thankfully doesn't delete my books...yet).
Amazon's tech support could only suggest contacting Samsung for help and keep logging into the right account every time I wanted to use the other program since the Amazon account in settings only allows a single login.

Does anyone know a workaround? Is this an Android 4.1 problem? I had no problems on my old phone with 4.0.

Jumper2501

Reaction score
I've never run into that specific problem, as I use the same Amazon account throughout. A workaround might be -- rather than using the app -- using a browswer to get to the apps from the Amazon AppStore. Hope this helps.

OP
M

Moses1446

Reaction score
I've never run into that specific problem, as I use the same Amazon account throughout. A workaround might be -- rather than using the app -- using a browswer to get to the apps from the Amazon AppStore. Hope this helps.
I'm not sure what you mean. Amazon recently built in verification through the Amazon App store app for all its apps. No apps will work without the app store being installed.

Jumper2501

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean. Amazon recently built in verification through the Amazon App store app for all its apps. No apps will work without the app store being installed.
Try using the browser on your Note to get to Amazon , rather than the app. That login should be independent of the app.

OP
M

Moses1446

Reaction score
Any rooted ROM users know if an Amazon account automatically appears after logging into the app store or Kindle?

Jabbawonga

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my Droid Razr Maxx HD - I need to log in to my cloud player for my music using one account and my kindle app for my books using my wife's account, but the phone won't let me. I could do it previously on my Thunderbolt, and my wife can do it on her Droid Bionic. When I go into the "Accounts" listing on my phone, there is an account listed for Amazon. When I do the same thing on my wife's phone (which appears to use the same operating system), there is no amazon account listed, even though she's logged into the music player and kindle.

I would love to find an answer to this; I don't want to have to sign in and out of the apps every time.

OP
M

Moses1446

Reaction score
I assume your Razr is running 4.2 Jelly bean, no? And the bionic and thunderbolt are on 4.0 ics? If so, JB screwed us up.
Something to be fixed in 4.2.2??....haha....riiiiiiight.