Amazon Account(s)?

Jabbawonga

Reaction score
I am trying to sign in to two different Amazon apps using two different accounts (my music is on my Amazon account; my books are on my wife's account). On my old Thunderbolt I could do this, and on my wife's Bionic she can do this, but on my Razr Maxx HD, when I sign into an Amazon app, it creates an account under Settings --> Accounts --> Amazon, which it uses for all Amazon apps, thus not allowing me to sign into the cloud player on one account and kindle on another account. I checked my wife's phone, and Amazon is not listed under Settings --> Accounts, despite the fact that she is signed into both the cloud player and the kindle apps. Her phone has OS 4.0.4, whereas mine is 4.1.1. Is this a Jelly Bean thing? Is there anything to be done about it?

And yes, I could sign in and out of each app every time I use it, but that's kind of a pain.

newmanx4

Reaction score
My wife ran into the same issue on her (cough) iPhone (cough). We were able to resolve it by going to the Amazon website and managing devices. Can't remember the details on how I did it. It was a lot of trial and error.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

OP
J

Jabbawonga

Reaction score
Yeah, I actually tried that, and the end result was two Amazon apps that wouldn't even open due to errors in "authentication" as well as time on the phone with both Amazon and Verizon. It eventually got fixed, so I could try it again, but I'm a little gun-shy after last time. But anyway, it seems like the issue is with the phone, which keeps a single Amazon account listed under the accounts under settings. My wife doesn't have that, and hers works just fine.