Amazon App Store - All Apps gone!!!

BostonDan

Reaction score
I had a problem with my Amazon App Store, so I uninstalled it, and re-installed it. When I logged back into the App Store, all my apps were gone from Amazon. These were all "Apps of the day", but now when I try to launch one that is on my phone, I get "App not Owned" and a message box that says "You don't own this app. Would you like to see more details?". In addition, when I log in to Amazon from my PC, there are no applications associated with my account.

Help. Anybody else have this problem???

Cheers,
B.D.

joggy

Reaction score
While I haven't seen this myself, I have had similar issues with my Amazon account. It turned out that I had created a new account using the same email address that I log in with, except that the password was different. It's one of the oddities with Amazon login in that they allow for multiple accounts under the same email address.

Anyway, I've since renamed my duplicate Amazon account so that I can tell when I am logged into the original and correct account.

Long post short? Try logging in again and make sure you are using the correct password or that you do not have two accounts setup for your email address.

OP
BostonDan

BostonDan

Reaction score
While I haven't seen this myself, I have had similar issues with my Amazon account. It turned out that I had created a new account using the same email address that I log in with, except that the password was different. It's one of the oddities with Amazon login in that they allow for multiple accounts under the same email address.

Anyway, I've since renamed my duplicate Amazon account so that I can tell when I am logged into the original and correct account.

Long post short? Try logging in again and make sure you are using the correct password or that you do not have two accounts setup for your email address.

Thanks for the info. I found my second password (yay for keepass for Droid!). Annoying bug for Amazon.com, but I got my apps back now.

Cheers,
B.D.

Last edited:

Natey2

Reaction score
I've also heard that if you flash different ROMs, the Amazon AppStore might think you are using a different phone/account.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk