Amazing Droid3 hacks?

Dri94

Reaction score
With the iphone there are hacks that you can do that you never thought an iphone could. Where are these with the droid 3? im not saying i like the iphone better, cause im droid all the way. just wondering if there are hacks for android that i dont know of.

DeadDroid3

Reaction score
With the iphone there are hacks that you can do that you never thought an iphone could. Where are these with the droid 3? im not saying i like the iphone better, cause im droid all the way. just wondering if there are hacks for android that i dont know of.

What specifically are you talking about? IPhones are locked up tighter than Droid by default... As are all crApple products. Define hacks... There is a radio hack that allows for free wifi hosting/tether. There is rooting. There is clockwork recovery. There is steel Droid ROM. What do you want to do? Hacks is such a generic thing to ask for and you only said hacks that you would never think an iPhone could do.... ? Since I have never used an Apple product and don't intend on starting now that Jobs is dead, maybe you could enlighten me on what your Droid is missing that iPhone users can do? I would love to get some iPhone user input.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

WhatiPhone

Reaction score
I came from the iPhone 4, I didn't jailbreak mine or anything so idk about any hacks that an iPhone can do. I will say that I didn't switch because I didn't like the phone. I switched because I wanted to try something different and I wanted to see what the android platform could do once rooted and flashed with various roms. Which is what I plan on doing tonight.

OP
D

Dri94

Reaction score
the iphone can be hacked to have two different OS (android and linux) on it. they have cydia and the thousandss of tweaks n theme things u can do with it. each month theres is usually somthin huge that comes out... Im not saying its better cause i like android more, but i do like that every day there was somethin new that was hacked with it. you said you never used iphone so you have to go to youtube and look up all the differnt cydia apps for yourself. but yea i was wonderin if android has anything like that. somethin big ta look into. i have steeldroid tho, i like it.

WhatiPhone

Reaction score
Yea, there is always something new coming out for jailbroken iPhones. I've never gotten into it though. I picked the D3 on the 7th and I'll be rooting and flashing SD v3.0 tonight and the only reason I'm getting into rooting and stuff now is because my cousins have rooted D1s and DXs. Otherwise I probably wouldn't even try.

Rotkaeqpchen

Reaction score
You can play Playstation Emulators (like FPSE which is 1000000000 x faster than psx4iphone or psx4droid) with the hardware keyboard that the iPhone is missing. So playing PSX like a console is an AMAZING "HACK". At least for me.

OP
D

Dri94

Reaction score
You can play Playstation Emulators (like FPSE which is 1000000000 x faster than psx4iphone or psx4droid) with the hardware keyboard that the iPhone is missing. So playing PSX like a console is an AMAZING "HACK". At least for me.

emulators are always cool. are there any on this site?

DeadDroid3

Reaction score
the iphone can be hacked to have two different OS (android and linux) on it. they have cydia and the thousandss of tweaks n theme things u can do with it. each month theres is usually somthin huge that comes out... Im not saying its better cause i like android more, but i do like that every day there was somethin new that was hacked with it. you said you never used iphone so you have to go to youtube and look up all the differnt cydia apps for yourself. but yea i was wonderin if android has anything like that. somethin big ta look into. i have steeldroid tho, i like it.

I see. Probably will have more with iPhone because it isn't as diverse. There are a lot of manufacturers who are making Droid. Only Apple for iPhone... so it would be easier to have a lot of custom themes and whatnot. Android is LINUX more or less, so I would imagine that there is more customization potential with a Droid? Not sure. Hopefully you will find what you are looking for!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

CaseyTheRadioGuy

Reaction score

Try the camera build.prop edits

Reaction score

I'll be the first honest person in this thread. There are little to no hacks (in the conventional meaning as you portray in your question) for Android. It's kind of really hard to hack something that's naturally open. ;P

All the root methods work because the phone manufacturers are trying to go against the coding of the OS. If it wasn't designed from the ground up to be as closed as possible (cough IOS), someone will figure out how to break the changes made by the manufacturer and get the open goodness easily.

-Saik0