1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Tethering Hack

Discussion in 'Droid 3 Hacks' started by dmg, Oct 16, 2011.

1. dmg

dmg New Member

I know about the tethering hack for the droid 3, It seems pretty complicated and I'm debating trying it however I have a question.
    If I were to restore my phone to stock for example if i had an issue and had to go to verizon (i'm currently rooted) would the tethering Hack be noticeable or is that something that is undone with the restore?
    Thank you for any assistance
  2. markml0528

markml0528 New Member

I highly doubt it would be noticeable to the staff in the store.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  3. DX2222

DX2222 New Member

How is the hack done...im rooted and currently running stock havnt flashed any roms yet
  4. markml0528

markml0528 New Member

Google "tbh inspired wireless tether".

5. pyro6128

pyro6128 New Member

The hack is not nearly as complicated as it seems. Its actually dead easy. I was a bit hesitant at first too. Basically if you can read directions and know how to copy and paste, you'll be done in 10 min, if that

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
  6. TheBadGuy

TheBadGuy New Member

Quick question, after rooting cant you just use the wireless tether ap for rooted users? Wouldnt that have the same resaults or is it void for the droid 3? I used to use it on my old d1 and now have a d3 which i just rooted a few minutes ago with stock rom. :biggrin:
  7. dmg

dmg New Member

It's different on the droid 3, verizon modded the radio to make all traffic coming from a computer/tablet/other wifi device be noticeable as a device other than your phone. The tethering hack rewrites those values on the radio so it shows up in verizon systems that every data request is coming from your phone.
    However once you have modded the radio you are able to use the wireless tethering app if you so choose but i just use the mobile hotspot app that was preloaded on the phone, might as well use some of the bloatware
  8. matthskim

matthskim New Member

I did do the TBH tehering hacking. I am using the Mobile spot. I am wondering if there is a way to verify that the tethering hack is working as intended, meaning it is not registered at Verizon as data through regular mobile hot spot.
  9. dmg

dmg New Member

If you aren't getting re-directed to a page requesting for you to pay for the tethering plan than it is working.
  10. matthskim

matthskim New Member

Can anyone, by any chance, post a screenshot of the page? I do see a screen once I start, but I am not sure if that is it.

Thanks.
  11. dmg

dmg New Member

To post a screenshot of that page I would first have to undo the tethering hack that i performed. Someone that hasn't done the hack yet and doesn't pay verizon for tethering would have to post it. However as long as you followed the directions for the hack then you should be fine.
  12. matthskim

matthskim New Member

I know.

Thanks.

Edit: BTW, I did not mean my request for the page to you.
  13. josh80

josh80 New Member

Ok my question to the DROID 3 tether hack is after you successfully modify and can now tether free and everythings working fine what should I run my network setting on global or coma?

14. mikedyk43

mikedyk43 New Member

I suppose that depends on what country you are in. If you are in the U.S. and on Verizon then you won't be using anything other than CDMA unless you go outside of our borders, but I suppose if you were in another country, you wouldn't have asked this.

Side Note: When I installed the last OTA update, it reset my radio back to its original configuration and I had to do the hack over again. Thought I would throw this out there.
  15. josh80

josh80 New Member

Ok since I done the tether hack it works great no problems the but its been 3 or 4 days now and it seems like I have had a single app update at the market im wondering if that tether hack disabled my updates in the market it shows up in my taskbar updates available but when I go to the market there's no updates can anyone shed some light on this

Josh's DROID 3
  16. zachjen

zachjen New Member

Droid 3, WinXP, RadComm 11.11.11,MotoHelper 2.00.53, Motorola USB Driver 5.02.53, CDMA 1x (MSM 7500) w/ Android, USB-PST USB Driver

I have been trying to do this and I can't get RadComm to fully recognize my phone. The green dot in the upper RH corner turns green but the box to the upper left of that doesn't turn green and fill up with information. Is it ok to proceed without these or not. what could be the problem? Thanks
  17. josh80

josh80 New Member

Do you have your phone set to pc mode when connected?

Josh's DROID 3
  18. josh80

josh80 New Member

And NO you can badly mess up your phone the box has to be green there are a few walk throughs for this I dnt have the links but you have to follow the instructions to the T

Josh's DROID 3
  19. zachjen

zachjen New Member

Yes and using a Motorola branded cable to connect it. Also I have tried it with another WinXP computer and also another Droid 3. All give the same result.
  20. josh80

josh80 New Member

I used windows 7 and had no problem with radiocomm 11.11.11 and updated the motor drivers to the newest update I don't really know maybe its a problem with radiocomm and vista or xp not real sure sorry I couldn't help you id try radiocomm 11.11.11 on a windows 7 system I didn't have any problems that way

Josh's DROID 3
Search tags for this page
drid m hack teather
droid bionic tethering hack

droid tethering hack

droid x verizon hotspot hack radio com
how to hack sprint droid tether
htc dna tether hack
htc dna wifi tether hack
if i use tethering on a rom is it notice able
motorola droid 3 verizon tethering hack

net10 tethering hack