Am I on the upgrade path.

lithoman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Turbo
I keep seeing all these posts about being or trying to get back on the upgrade path. I am getting confused. I did the 4ever root and got the 5.5.893 update about a week ago. Now the big buzz is the 901 update. Am I inline for the the official update..or do i have to start from scratch. I have not flashed a rom since my 893 update........
any insight?

lykofos

Reaction score
You should be fine as long as you didn't install cheesecake app and get any updates from it. You're on .893 so you should be fine and on the upgrade path. Motorola accidentally released .901 over official OTA to people in certain areas. Since it was an official OTA accidental release (unlike the cheesecake updates which were unofficial), in theory Moto has to officially support the .901 update and provide a way to upgrade from it when such an update becomes available.

Tonik

Reaction score
You are on the official path. Jumping to 901 is debatable, moto sent it out but by accident. So they will have to support it, but unless you really need it hold off. They will release something very soon I believe.