Always charging even off of charger

warped1987

Reaction score
My phone is always showing as Charging, eve when off the charger. it's not all the time but majority of it. I'm not sure if it has something to do with the cheap 6 foot chord I got off ebay, since it seemed to start when I used it, or the fact that I used it with the trexcell extended battery. But the big problem with this is that it turns my screen on constantly even after locking it, because my phone with go in and out of a state of charging to not charging. My phone gets on fire in my pocket. Is there a fix to this, a way to reset the batteries stats? I've drained it fully plenty of times, restarted, battery pull, used the regular samsung charger chord. nothing seems to work.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
This more than likely is a hardware issue, an issue that is pretty common.

Take a look in your USB port and make sure it is clean. Some folks have had the tongue or something inside their USB port out of position and used something like a toothpick to fix it. And that at least temporarily fixes the problem for them.

Many people end up having to replace it though. If you have a warranty, this should be covered. The part itself is fairly inexpensive (~$10, maybe a bit more if you require some of the tools that may be needed), and I have seen more than one success story of folks doing it themselves. So depending on your comfort level with messing with your device, it may be something you can do yourself (there are guides with pictures and videos out there). Of course you can also pay to get it fixed, I think Samsung does it themselves.

darkodroid

Reaction score
This happened to me before I switched the battery and it stopped doing it... If you still have your original battery pop that in and see if its still acting up

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

blazo1997

Reaction score
hi i am using a samsung galaxy y gt s 5 3 6 0. and i have also counted the same problem of the charging of battery charger. it's a bit different from the last person who encountered this. i'm using the original samsung charger and battery. lately i have tried many times to install cyano gen mod on my mobile. what i did i took a backup of my rom and then try to install it. but i failed . after trying this 3 or 4 times restored my rom. since than i am facing the problem of continuous chargng even after disconnecting the charger and also my phone cannot connect to the pc via usb cord also it doesn't charge.plz help me thx