Charging issues

Riley

Reaction score
I have noticed out of the blue that when I take my GN off the charger the phone still indicates its on a AC charger even though its discharging. A reboot an dor a battery pull fixes it until I charge it again and it does the same thing. I wonder if this is a battery issues(stock) or hardware issue? My GN is rooted and unlocked but stock otherwise.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I have noticed out of the blue that when I take my GN off the charger the phone still indicates its on a AC charger even though its discharging. A reboot an dor a battery pull fixes it until I charge it again and it does the same thing. I wonder if this is a battery issues(stock) or hardware issue? My GN is rooted and unlocked but stock otherwise.

This is a hardware issue.

I did a bit of research into the problem a while back for a user, http://www.droidforums.net/forum/galaxy-nexus-help/218097-battery-indicator.html#post2204789 .

There is a way to go back to stock without USB if it becomes necessary, [VZW/SPRINT/GSM][Guide] Ultimate Galaxy Nexus Guide (Unlock/Root/Flash Roms/FAQ) - Galaxy Nexus - RootzWiki - Page 5 .

OP
Riley

Riley

Reaction score
Thanks! I called VZW, they are sending me a replacement under warrantee. I just hope a nice ding outta the top corner of the phone doesn't work against me, it happened 6 months ago. I just don't know how well they inspect them. I can't afford a $299 charge.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
The ding should be okay unless it's a major ding. There can even be scratches on the screen. VZW will call this normal wear and tear. Just no cracks or major dings/grooves. They really review your device for water damage (not just the water Mark activated - moisture damage under screen or in battery compartment) and the charge port. The charge port can not be damaged at all. So don't hold your phone while charging on the coiled car charger!

ccudrew

Reaction score
I have just started having problems with the charging, and when my phone gets to 14% the popup comes up every 10 seconds to tell me to plug in. I used to be able to do it once and then it would come up at 4% to tell me again. I carry around two extra batteries and use them every day. I don't know what I do but I sure use the batteries up. I am getting a refurbished phone tomorrow, hopefully it won't do the same.