been using a different charger; is my battery ok??

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
To me, it just looks like a lot of heavy use. Personally, if I had 11% battery left after that kind of use, I would be satisfied. I don't think it's anything wrong with the battery OR phone. I think it's just getting used a lot and the battery is draining as it should. @Mustang02 , do you think there's anything out of the ordinary after looking at his stats?

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I'm just going off the screenshot picture with your WiFi icon at the top. Is your signal low where you are? Could that be tugging at your battery? I know at home, if I am in an area outside where my signal is low, my battery drains more quickly. At work, my WiFi signal sucks, so I stopped using it there and my battery lasts much longer. I've learned to shut WiFi off when I don't have a strong signal or I am out so it's not searching for one.

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
I'm just going off the screenshot picture with your WiFi icon at the top. Is your signal low where you are? Could that be tugging at your battery? I know at home, if I am in an area outside where my signal is low, my battery drains more quickly. At work, my WiFi signal sucks, so I stopped using it there and my battery lasts much longer. I've learned to shut WiFi off when I don't have a strong signal or I am out so it's not searching for one.
It isn't great from my room, that could be contributing who knows, as far as most smartphone standards go, I wouldn't say my battery life is terrible by any means but I'm a bit skeptical

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I think it looks fine, but I am not as knowledgeable as the guys who have been on here offering help. Honestly, I think it's fine. The charger is not harming the battery and falling asleep on top of it would not hurt it, though I don't suggest you make a habit of it. I think it was probably close to the same before, but you started worrying about it and watching it more closely -- noticing things about the battery you probably hadn't before.

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
OK, 29% in 7 hours means 21 hours minimum. That's good as far as I know.

Am I missing something?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Thanks a lot for your feedback. Curious to see what other posters in this thread think as well?

Last edited:
OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
anyone else, even anyone who has posted already notice anything?

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Pretty sure something is wrong. I use to bd able to end a day around midnight with 15% or so less, I really hope someone at Verizon can solve this

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Pretty sure something is wrong. I use to bd able to end a day around midnight with 15% or so less, I really hope someone at Verizon can solve this
I understand your frustration and really would like to solve this for you. Please tell me, if you used to be able to end the day with 15%, just how long does it last now? Based on the post I saw you should get approximately 21 hours and still have a small portion remaining, nearly 15%. I'm still not seeing the reduced performance you're describing so I need more information in order to help you.

If there is nothing wrong with the phone, it could easily be due to a change in the tower signals, or something keeping the processor from going to a rest state.

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
I understand your frustration and really would like to solve this for you. Please tell me, if you used to be able to end the day with 15%, just how long does it last now? Based on the post I saw you should get approximately 21 hours and still have a small portion remaining, nearly 15%. I'm still not seeing the reduced performance you're describing so I need more information in order to help you.

If there is nothing wrong with the phone, it could easily be due to a change in the tower signals, or something keeping the processor from going to a rest state.

I used to be able to get like a good 12 hours of usage before having to charge it now it's like 8. It really could be that I'm just using it more but I remember back in school only really having to charge it once. But I'd also turn the data off at times to. I guess it's hard to show anything just by showing pics.

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
also the phone's battery gets to 98F degrees pretty normally now. idk if that's normal or not

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
also the phone's battery gets to 98 degrees pretty normally now. idk if that's normal or not
Sounds like your habits with it have changed which, in turn, has caused more battery consumption. 98* seems very good to me. Mine usually runs anywhere from the 90's to 110ish. It all depends on what's running in the background & what you might be doing with it at the time. The temperature will fluctuate -- that's normal.

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Sounds like your habits with it have changed which, in turn, has caused more battery consumption. 98* seems very good to me. Mine usually runs anywhere from the 90's to 110ish. It all depends on what's running in the background & what you might be doing with it at the time. The temperature will fluctuate -- that's normal.

yea, I mean pokemon go deff doesnt help but even still, it seems to deplete a bit more rapidly ever since..