[ROM] [Alpha] Ics4Bionic 01-25-2012

lilhill

Reaction score
It's there a way to completely erase the safe system so there's no inkling of ICS4Bionic so I can start from scratch?

It's like I need to make the phone forget that 4G exists...

DROID BIONIC

Retired OG DROID CM7 Supercharged 1GHZ

OP
dhacker29

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
You can go into safestrap on safe system and factory reset wipe dalvik then under mounts and storage format /system /cache and /data then boot nonsafe and uninstall ss recovery and install bootstrap and reboot cwr once then go back and install safe strap again

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

lilhill

Reaction score
That'll be a small project!

DROID BIONIC

lilhill

Reaction score
This morning I switched off wifi and went through this series of changes: cdma only (I only had signal bars, no data) > gsm only (1x showed up over the signal bars) > wcdma only (1x stayed) > CDMA only (1x stayed). Then for fun I swiched to GSM/CDMA auto (PRL) and 3G popped up for about 5 seconds, then the "Network type" row switched to LTE:14 and all bars & data disappeared.

I wish I knew more about how this worked. I feel like there has got to be something to change. I'll probably try redoing safestrap a little later today...

lilhill

Reaction score
We need to get it to stick on EvDo-Rev.A:8

What is the 8, 14 etc? Is it an option/setting somewhere that we could set? 14 is LTE, which is no good. 8 seems to be good 3G EvDo, and 6 seems to be 1x...

lilhill

Reaction score
After a little reading, EvDo-Rev.A is the network type for 3G with eHRPD, which is the newer handoff type for 4G. That being said, how can we manually disable eHRPD?

lilhill

Reaction score
For a stock Bionic, there's a ##PROGRAM menu where it seems you can toggle Rev.A. Is there such a menu for ICS4BIONIC? or is it *#*#4636#*#*?

johnlgalt

Reaction score
I wonder if the info is stored independently from /system, perhaps with the actual radio firmware it self. If so, then would going back into non safe modeand re flashing the radios fix it?

Of course, you'd have to make sure you disable LTE so it doesn't happen, if this is possible. Dhacker, can you permanently disable LTE so this doesn't happen?

Sent from my BIONIC

lilhill

Reaction score
Something must be different/separate since 1x, 3G and 4G all work on the unsafe side...

DROID BIONIC