[ROM] [Alpha] Ics4Bionic 01-25-2012

soulREBEL360

Reaction score
So are you saying installing on non safe gives you 1x, 3g and 4g? I wonder if there's anyone else out there who can cosign ...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

americanz

Reaction score
If thats the case then im all.for.it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

bilbobaggins

Reaction score
Well, there sure as hell is only one way to find out. I'm not sure Dave has done this. He was installing on the safe side. If that's te reason he was having issues than I will get a test Bionic from Ebay and do an install on the regular side. I don't want to try it on my everyday phone.

johnlgalt

Reaction score
No, I'll not saying installing on non safe side gives you data. Please read my posts carefully.

Lillhill reported that he had working 3g data for weeks, until he took the phone into a 4g area, at which point almost all data ceased to function. Dhacker theorized that now that the phone was aware of the presence of 4g data had stopped working, permanently.

I am now theorizing that the awareness (or in lillhill's case, lack thereof) of 4g may not be in /system, which gets formatted when installing ics4 bionic, but somewhere else that does not get formatted, like with the actual radio firmware itself on it's own partition, or, as lillhill suggested, on our SIMs. And, if that is the case, and we can figure out where this info is, then we can erase the phone's knowledge of the presence of 4g and allow users who live in 3g only areas (like me) to have data on ics.

My thought is that it would reside with the radio firmware itself, and thus I think that re-flashing the radio firmware in non safe side might make the phone forget about the existence of 4g and let his data stay working again.

Sent from my BIONIC

OP
dhacker29

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
Something must be different/separate since 1x, 3G and 4G all work on the unsafe side...

DROID BIONIC

Retired OG DROID CM7 Supercharged 1GHZ

It is the way ics handles data in the framework. Very different from GB

lilhill

Reaction score
Do you feel like switching back to bootstrap and then completely reloading SafeStrap and ICS would allow me to regain consistent 3G access?

Does 3G or 4G work on any ICS roms out there?

bhp117

Reaction score
I flash the ics rom with 901 built in earlier with bootstrap and got both 3g/4g working but it didnt stick too long before going back to 1x

Using wcdma preffered I got 3g working for 5mins but then it switch back 1x and it was hard getting 3g back

Is that's a good sign for 3g data working out soon

Here is where I got that ics901 built in

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/15553-1x-data-on-ics4bionic-with-901-radio/

I'm in LA and 4g have been strong for the last few weeks especially ever since I did the manual 901 update

Last edited:
OP
dhacker29

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
Do you feel like switching back to bootstrap and then completely reloading SafeStrap and ICS would allow me to regain consistent 3G access?

Does 3G or 4G work on any ICS roms out there?

No I seriously doubt it

lilhill

Reaction score
That's NOT what you were supposed to say!

DROID BIONIC

Retired OG DROID CM7 Supercharged 1GHZ

Biasedthunder

Reaction score
So, I finally took the plunge and installed this via safestrap, and gotta say this is SWEET, I can't wait for it to be finished. Tho it doesn't have a camera (and I didn't use it that often anyway) I have left it running the past 36 hours or so and all I can find that isn't working is 3g/4g (which we knew) the camera/video (also knew) and it doesn't seem to have working flashplayer (not sure if that has been mentioned as I dont have time to read every page today) but other than those and one force close of market when I first booted it (not happened since) I'm loving this ROM. And for the most part only having 1x is ok for me since it seems to be a stable connection, I can "kinda" surf the web a little and the fact that I have wifi most places I go (which works perfectly) I may just leave this ROM on and use it till we hit beta.

Well done with this Rom dhacker, mucho props. dancedroid

bhp117

Reaction score
What new changes made to the new update?

I didn't see any thing on Op

CantMesWitDis

Reaction score
What is the newest mod running for radios? .886? .893? .901? That could be a reason for data not sticking.