dhacker29

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
OK read the change log folks new build is up USB mass storage working on SDcard both SDcard's show in gallery now ICS theming for the FileManager and Usb apps probably a bunch of other minor stuff I forget lol. Enjoy

Reaction score
This is getting impressive, I think this may be done before Motorola van send out a test version. Keep up the good work. I may have to knuckle up and give it a go.

"But WHY THE RUM?!!"

ddg2112

Reaction score
Great job on this ROM dhacker29. I've been using Purity and KIN3XT and have really enjoyed each of them.

lilhill

Reaction score
A couple issues which I'm seeing:

1. Whenever I delete text message threads, they reappear dated Dec 31, 1969
2. When I download images from Gmail, in the file details the date appears as Dec 31, 1969
3. I'm unable to save images from text messages

Also, how is camera support coming along?

Thanks for all of your hard work!

thewacokid

Reaction score
hey guys i made a step by steb video on how to do this if anyone needs help.

[video=youtube;uEk-waIQRrA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEk-waIQRrA[/video]

scarabshell

Reaction score
Dang! As soon as data works I'm flashing, if I only had Wi-Fi

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

lilhill

Reaction score
Here's something interesting:

I have been using this ROM as my primary for weeks now. I have had solid 3G service the whole time.

To get 3G to work, I usually dial *#*#4636#*#* and switch it to either GSM auto (PRL) or GSM/CDMA auto (PRL).

Like I said, I've had ZERO issues attaining and retaining a data connection.

Now here's the problem I'm encountering. For the first time since switching to this ROM, I went into a 4G area. I was in the 4G area running on 3G with no issues for about 8 hours. While still in the 4G area, my data dropped. From that point on, I have been unable to get the data/signal to work correctly.

If I use either of the GSM auto (PRL) or GSM/CDMA auto (PRL) option, I get zero signal bars and have no connectivity at all (be it for phone calls or data connectivity). If manually change through settings the connection type from LTE & CDMA to ONLY CDMA, and then via the *#*#4636#*#* menu I choose CDMA only, I get signal bars and am able to make phone calls and sometimes get a 1x data connection.

Here is what I've noticed - since my signal drop in the 4G area, whenever I choose either of the GSM auto (PRL) or GSM/CDMA auto (PRL) options, in the *#*#4636#*#* menu, the row "Network type" reads "LTE:14."

I believe this is where my issues lies. Before having ventured into a 4G area, LTE was never listed there. I believe that something has been changed somewhere so that the phone now looks for LTE.

To try and resolve the issues, I've hard reset my safe system ROM multiple times, I've restored a backup from days prior to the the 4G adventure. I've cleared the Dalvik cache as well as the normal cache. No matter what, I'm unable to get 3G working again.

Is there a way to completely wipe what's on the safe system to start from scratch?

Any ideas!?

OP
dhacker29

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
You were just really lucky and your Sim had probably never got registered with ims. I doubt there is anyway to get back to 3G now

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

lilhill

Reaction score
Noooooo...

What if I get a new SIM?
Since it's registered with IMS, the issue is "VZW side" now?

That being said, how are things coming with data connectivity for you?

DROID BIONIC

Retired OG DROID CM7 Supercharged 1GHZ

OP
dhacker29

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
Not sure what a new Sim would do. I've been stuck on 1X since after the last outage. we have to merge some for the dual radios in ics to get it working I think

lilhill

Reaction score
Is the merging of dual radios looking promising/doable in the near future?Do you have a method or set of setting to get 1x to work at all or work consistently?If only my phone had made it another hour without dropping data or registering with IMS...

OP
dhacker29

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
I usually switch to gsm only then wcdma then switch to cdma only and leave it. It will take a few minutes to connect then it will switch from wifi to 1x as needed.

lilhill

Reaction score
I'll try that series of switches.

Here's something though. I said this was the first time I'd been to a 4G area. To specify, this was the first time I had been to a 4G area with this ICS ROM on my Bionic. I've been to quite a few different 4G areas with my Bionic, and all areas with the same SIM card. does the IMS registration reasoning still stand? I would think that the SIM had already been registered with the IMS...