Almost 50% of U.S. Consumers Don't Think They Need 4G LTE According to Survey

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Roglo1

Roglo1 New Member

I agree with the above. Who needs 4G. Most of the time it is unavailable. What is so great about it. I have, yet, to see any meaningful difference.
  2. blacksoxing

blacksoxing Member

I still feel this way: it's nice to have....but I don't shed tears when I can't access it.

I used to stream full sporting PPVs on my OG Droid/tether to laptop via 3G. 1.8MB speeds. Clear quality with limited lags (if any!)

So the premise that I NEED LTE....I don't. But, I also don't mind having the service. Sometimes though it still takes forever to load what I need loaded. And of course...that's the website's server and other factors (same way like you can have the fastest internet possible and still have to wait a minute if someone's server is bogged down)
  3. xeene

xeene Well-Known Member

time is the most valuable aspect of life. its finite and you can't never replenish it. that's why people want to do things faster(travel, cooking, working, etc.), so they have more time for more important/pleasurable things. almost 50% of u.s. consumers waste their time.
  4. AndyMcDroid

AndyMcDroid New Member

I came to this thread because of the DroidForums Newsletter. 50% of U.S. consumers don't think they need 4G LTE? Could it be? I couldn't believe that 50% of U.S. consumers think they do need it. I had a Bionic before we had 4G LTE in my area, and when I got to an area know to have 4G LTE, I did a speed test, and was impressed with the speed. But for the bulk of what I use my phone for - Gmail, Google Reader, some browsing, streaming Pandora - 4G LTE doesn't improve the experience in a noticeable way. The only time I really found a use for it was when I had unexpected down time in my schedule and wanted to stream a TV episode from my server at home - something I couldn't even do with 3G.

Now I'm using a GSM Nexus, and while top-end HSPA+ speeds are no match for top-end 4G LTE speeds, it's more than adequate for what I want to do. For many wireless internet uses, the wireless connection is not the weakest link in the chain, and improving anything but the weakest link will not improve the experience.
  5. lillac

lillac New Member

4G

I have used 4G in other places it is much faster. I would love to see happen but phone companies to slow to spend money and update.
  6. mikecox

mikecox Member

Why not start nere

Great, start with me please :blink:

What exactly does LTE stand for and isn't 4G just faster access speed for the internet or is it a faster processor? Shows what I know :p

I'm considering a Droid RAZR MAXX upgrade when my contract is up this week. I have to read morereviews and consider my options but I want to be sure I understand the basics. I don't want to be one of the clueless 50%!
  7. PereDroid

PereDroid Well-Known Member

Faster data. Period. Correct. Faster web pages load. Faster Google Maps loading maps. Faster checking in with Foursquare. Faster Facebook loading. Anything that relies on downloading DATA.
  8. nomadh

nomadh Member

Why flawed? Do you really believe if something is either free or more easily accessed it won't be more used and then more wasted. Its the tragedy of the commons. Anything perceived as free will be wasted, and wasted in the extreme by a few. But those few will more than make up for sometimes hundreds of others. The static model is not a proper model to use for most human beings.