Ally "freaking out" - no control over phone

alirach

Reaction score
Since this afternoon, my ally has been "freaking out" and not allowing me to open any program, file - anything. What it's doing: constantly flipping between the quick search box, opening the keyboard, and then going back to the home screen.

Tried uninstalling (actually let me click through for about 5 minutes) all recently downloaded apps...powered off and took out the battery - no improvement.

At first I thought it was because of the horrible cold we've experienced today, but it's been nice and toasty inside for several hours now.

HELP!

anuraj1

Reaction score
Here's a link about a Droid that did the same thing. I am having the same problem starting a couple of days ago.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...5060-droid-possessed.html?highlight=digitizer

I know that using a non oem charger can cause the problem, a faulty battery or a faulty wall outlet can cause the problem, and the digitizer could be the culprit. I replaced the battery last night but it is still acting up a little today.

OP
A

alirach

Reaction score
Here's a link about a Droid that did the same thing. I am having the same problem starting a couple of days ago.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...5060-droid-possessed.html?highlight=digitizer

I know that using a non oem charger can cause the problem, a faulty battery or a faulty wall outlet can cause the problem, and the digitizer could be the culprit. I replaced the battery last night but it is still acting up a little today.

Thank you! This is SO frustrating!!!!!

anuraj1

Reaction score
Are you still in your first year of owning the phone? If so, it is covered under warranty. Verizon will just replace the phone.

OP
A

alirach

Reaction score
Are you still in your first year of owning the phone? If so, it is covered under warranty. Verizon will just replace the phone.

Yeah, it looks like my local store will be getting a visit from me tomorrow...

anuraj1

Reaction score
Sorry. Wish there was an actual fix. My first year ended 2 weeks ago so I can't even get it replaced.