All share cast wireless dongle

corcey24

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has used one and what they think of it. Was looking at getting one off of ebay.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 and TapaTalk 2

wcjeep

Reaction score
It works great. However, the Chrome cast looks to be a game changer. The dongle works great with Tango. Not so well with Skype.

JohnCtheMP

Reaction score
I just bought a cheapo knock off brand from 1saleaday for $20. Usually takes forever to arrive but I'm eager to see how it does. Bought it about 3 hours before I saw the Chromecast articles :-(

I'd like to get my hands on one of those too. Curious why it would have problems with differing apps as its supposed to mirror right? Do you think the Allshare Cast is better than crhomecast?

wcjeep

Reaction score
I didn't test every app on my phone. I bought the Allshare to beam movies to our RV TV for my daughter. I've also used it to share videos I've taken or pictures on our home TV. Also works good with YouTube. I don't have Netflix to test. I was curious about Tango and Skype. Skype does work ok with MhL adapter.

OP
C

corcey24

Reaction score
Does the chromecast mirror the phone? I didnt think it did only certain apps no.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 and TapaTalk 2

MikeGoob

Reaction score
I did not like the samsung All Share -- I returned it. I was spoiled from my old Droid Charge, which had HDMI out and mirroring capabilities. The All Share was not really HD looking and had lag. Not at all what I was used to with my charge. The Chrome Cast looks to be gimped to only allow mirroring the Chrome Browser with some workarounds by viewing content inside a chrome shell etc.. Why can't we just get decent 100% mirroring anymore?

cal6042

Reaction score
Recently purchased an allshare cast dongle and am having trouble establishing an audio.connection. About 1 out of 10 times I will get audio. Video is no problem I have a galaxy s3 and have researched the internet and found only one discussion of a similar problem but no.fix. I have tried almost every combination of conditions and nothing seems to consistently get me an audio connection. I'm almost sure it lies with the galaxy as I can move the dongle to another tv and if I had audio before, I get it with no problem on the new tv. Same for moving the dongle. Once I get a audio connection, disconnecting the dongle and reconnecting it gives me audio almost every time. Restarting the phone seems to help but not a consistent solution. Connecting with sound on in an app or with it off make no difference. Tried plugging the charger in and out and at first I thought that it gave me a consistent connection, but that theory didn't hold up. Tried connection to dongle in mute mode, no solution. Tried switching off tv hdmi input and back on, but again no consistent results. I'm baffled. Anybody got any ideas/solutions?