I need to sell my S4

allan1058

Reaction score
Just looking for some guidance, my wife came from an iphone to try the S4 and has decided she wants to switch back to Iphone, i know i know. But its outside the 14 day window. How should I go about getting this swapped? Sell S4 on ebay then buy white iphone 5 on ebay after that? Any guidance would be appreciated

Thanks!!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Lot of people recommend Swappa for selling/buying phones. More secure than buying through Ebay, as in you won't get a dirty ESN. Ebay or Craigslist is always a gamble.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
That's one option. There are others. Buy and Sell Used Mobile Phones and Tablets > Swappa is a marketplace specifically devoted to phones and pads. You can also use our sister site, though the name escapes me ATM. Someone will come in here and inject the proper information, and then place the cone of shame around my neck on the way out! LOL!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Lot of people recommend Swappa for selling/buying phones. More secure than buying through Ebay, as in you won't get a dirty ESN. Ebay or Craigslist is always a gamble.

Beat me by less than 120 seconds! LOL! Hey Sydman, do you remember the name of our sister site that allows cellphone sales?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
That's one option. There are others. Buy and Sell Used Mobile Phones and Tablets > Swappa is a marketplace specifically devoted to phones and pads. You can also use our sister site, though the name escapes me ATM. Someone will come in here and inject the proper information, and then place the cone of shame around my neck on the way out! LOL!

Don't feel bad, I can never remember it either. Why I didn't mention it. :eek:)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Do we have a "Tandem Cone of Shame?"

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
eBay will probably net u the most in selling.. buying is up to you.. I've bought my note2 from eBay and my droidx from Craigslist and both have been perfect... everyone's experience is different

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Check your local Craigslist postings. I would bet there is someone looking to make the exact opposite swap. Meet at a Verizon store to verify the ESNs (and because it's a public place), then make the exchange. You can try getting some cash because the S4 is newer, but iPhones hold their value so might have to be a straight exchange.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Check your local Craigslist postings. I would bet there is someone looking to make the exact opposite swap. Meet at a Verizon store to verify the ESNs (and because it's a public place), then make the exchange. You can try getting some cash because the S4 is newer, but iPhones hold their value so might have to be a straight exchange.

I seen stuff like that locally.. its worth a shot to check that.. good advice

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score

Always at Verizon.

If it's not HD it might as well be a newspaper.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Op I would list it on multiple sites not just one. List on Craigslist, swappa, ebay and any other source. Also presentation is everything. Clean it up and if you can put it in its original box with the cords and books in some kind of plastic and take a picture that will help you sell it even faster. Make sure you do a good job descibing and and all impurities if there are any. If you kept it in a case with a screen protector then your resell value will be higher. Also if you bought a case with it throw it in. Basically you are competing with other people selling it. So what will make me choose to buy your phone over the competition.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just seen some iPhone 5s on ebay under 500 and s4s sell easily over 500.. the s4s I've seen priced buy it now for 500 or less sell in minutes

OP
A

allan1058

Reaction score
I just seen some iPhone 5s on ebay under 500 and s4s sell easily over 500.. the s4s I've seen priced buy it now for 500 or less sell in minutes

How does it work with the SIM cards? Dont buy an iphone with a sim card and dont sell the s4 with it? Will it be free to get one at the Verizon store? Do you just take somebodys word that the ESN is clean??