After many days, my #1 complaint is...

DDROIDJ

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Moto Z Force
I came from the Droid Maxx to this phone and the first thing I noticed is that I have to charge this more often than I did the Maxx. Using it as I did the Maxx. I probably would not have noticed the difference if I came from a different phone. I had grown used to charging every other day compared to every day with this device.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
The first couple days/ battery cycles are not typical of future performance, I knowing this, was about to return mine after 2 days. Coming from an droid ultra (I've had all the droids; RAZR, RAZR MAXX, RAZR MAXX HD, droid ultra, now the turbo) each and everyone keeps getting better life as per my usage. I got 15 hours on my second charge, with little usage.

We must...We must...increase our boost

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
What I want to see from all of you is the screen that shows the awake time, in other words tap the graph at the top and screen print the image that comes afterwards, which looks like this:
1702448b53ecf07ecdcf57ff0b0398ed.jpg

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I thought Moto had the good radios. Those previous Screenshots are showing cell service eating battery. Is it flipping back and forth between bands? Or do y'all live on a fringe area? Maybe stuck between two towers?

cyberlizard

Reaction score
There is something odd going on that I noticed the last 2 days. I work 12hr nights and just keep my phone on a charger while at work (streaming music). Two days ago I left work at 100% batt, went home slept, used the phone a couple of times, returned to work and noticed the battery was at 51% (horrible for virtually no use in 12 hrs). This is even worse when you consider I had the phone programmed to recognize that I sleep from the moment I leave work until I return to work. So to try to do something about the high drain for the same sleep cycle today, I shut off the phone briefly, turned it back on, put the GPS in normal location mode vs high accuracy, disabled a couple of meaningless apps from notifications, and went to sleep with the phone facing down instead of facing up like I did the previous night. Tonight the battery was at 91% when I arrived at work.

So, now I will change up a few of the variables (esp. the GPS and phone facing up vs down while I sleep) one at a time until I find which one(s) created the previous huge drain. I'll report back what I find...

Last edited:

TatDroid

Reaction score
Yes, 91% definitely sounds more like where it should be. Will be interested to see what you find out!

Sent from my Droid Turbo

cyberlizard

Reaction score
BTW, the thing I hate the most about my phone after living with it for 2 weeks (tomorrow), is the location of the USB/charge port. This is my third droid (an X and Razr Maxx previously) and they had their ports on the lower left and top respectively, which allowed me to prop the phone up in portrait or landscape without interference from the charge port. WIth the turbo however, the bottom charge port location makes propping the phone up in portrait position really out of the question. A relatively small frustration, but one that seems like should have been easy to avoid. I'm curious as to the reason the designers saw fit to put it on the bottom of the turbo. Any thoughts?

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's probably where the "stuff" is inside. Stuff being the technical term (abbreviation for Stuffielectronica, Latin: for Stuff)

cyberlizard

Reaction score
It's probably where the "stuff" is inside. Stuff being the technical term (abbreviation for Stuffielectronica, Latin: for Stuff)
That's what I was thinking, but I would have hoped the port location would have been more of a priority if true.

24c

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID TURBO
@cyberlizard
I got a Motorola stand for my MAXX HD that I'd put it in, in portrait, and used as a clock. I just tried my Turbo in it portrait, a little top heavy, but pretty sure it will work.
I'll give a look see and see if I can find that stand somewhere. I got it from a VZW store.

ETA - the stand I mentioned here - came with a 90 degree cable.

ETA2 - I have the 90 degree cable - since it will only plug in one way, it can be a pain if the "90" is in the wrong direction.

Here it is:

Universal Tablet Cell Phone Stand

ETA3 - Put Turbo in stand, portrait, hooked up straight cable - all good
My work here is done...

Last edited:

cyberlizard

Reaction score
I've already come up with a desktop design for a portrait type desk stand, but I guess the aspect of the port location that irritates me the most is that I will no longer be able to put the phone in the cup holders of my vehicles center console, while the phone charges.