After many days, my #1 complaint is...

24c

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID TURBO
I've already come up with a desktop design for a portrait type desk stand, but I guess the aspect of the port location that irritates me the most is that I will no longer be able to put the phone in the cup holders of my vehicles center console, while the phone charges.

With all due respect, if you can't figure out a solution to that dilemma, you don't deserve a Turbo, with all due respect...:)...:)...:)

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've already come up with a desktop design for a portrait type desk stand, but I guess the aspect of the port location that irritates me the most is that I will no longer be able to put the phone in the cup holders of my vehicles center console, while the phone charges.
Mmmmm, shot in the dark here - Upside Down (?)

Reactions: 24c

cyberlizard

Reaction score
You can buy charging cables that are bent at a 90 degree angle. Here is an example:

Amazon.com Right Angle Micro USB Cable - Motorola Droid Incredible Droid X Cell Phones Accessories
I have cables like that, but am not that fond of the cable supporting the weight of the phone over time, especially in my vehicles where the weight of the phone and the ride motions will keep working the charge ports back-and-forth. Maybe I'm just paranoid after having to re-solder the charge port on my kids Kindle 3 times (they like using it while it is charging).
With all due respect, if you can't figure out a solution to that dilemma, you don't deserve a Turbo, with all due respect...:)...:)...:)
Yeah, agreed. Like I mentioned a few posts back, it is my biggest issue, but a relatively small frustration.

cyberlizard

Reaction score
Mmmmm, shot in the dark here - Upside Down (?)
If the display went upside down, things would be better, though the headphone/output jack creates another issue as well if upside down. If only all my connections were via bluetooth...:(

24c

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID TURBO
Take a coffee cup, put it in the holder, cut a slot in it to slide the horizontal Turbo into and cruise on down the road...or not...

cyberlizard

Reaction score
Take a coffee cup, put it in the holder, cut a slot in it to slide the horizontal Turbo into and cruise on down the road...or not...
You mean, slide the vertical turbo in? I can see that.

Again though, why not have that port somewhere other than the bottom...

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
If the display went upside down, things would be better, though the headphone/output jack creates another issue as well if upside down. If only all my connections were via bluetooth...:(
I hear ya, I drive a Jeep Wrangler (no BT) 24c is on to something. You could easily fashion a dedicated "holder" from a cup that is made of a material that you can cut and then possibly line the cut with a padded half-circle (like a mini-pool noodle) type material. Little creativity I think you'll get there.

cyberlizard

Reaction score
Hell, now I'm thinking of putting a .25" piece of semi-rigid foam in the shape of a circle with a pie-like slice cut out, into the bottom of the cup holder, and combined with my angled charge port, I should be good to go. Like the OP said, this (the bottom charge port) is the the thing I hate most about the phone - not a lot to complain about from me!

24c

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID TURBO
You mean, slide the vertical turbo in? I can see that.

Again though, why not have that port somewhere other than the bottom...

Since the port IS on the bottom, we have to deal with it. A little creative thinking, and the willingness to make a complete fool of yourself is the mother of most inventions...

I could be 100% wrong here, see "complete fool" comment, but the angle cable may cause the phone to act differently..???

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't seem to be getting the battery life I expect. Display time appears to be much higher than what I think it should be - wondering if "attentive display" isn't the battery saver it's cracked-up to be. Wifi and bluetooth/music player seem to burn way too much battery, as well.

The other day I wasn't even on wifi and it had used 15% of my battery! I'm guessing this is because location uses it, and I have a number of apps pinging location frequently.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I also hate the bottom angled edge. I tend to rest the base of the phone on my pinky, and it gets uncomfortabe after a few minutes. Hoping there's a bumper out there that makes it a more rounded edge.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I also hate the bottom angled edge. I tend to rest the base of the phone on my pinky, and it gets uncomfortabe after a few minutes. Hoping there's a bumper out there that makes it a more rounded edge.
This one I will agree with. Holding it one handed for a short time becomes irritating on the pinky finger.

Tap'd from my Droid Turbo

TatDroid

Reaction score
Totally agree. The bottom edge is too sharp and my pinkie has a deep indentation in it to prove it.

Sent from my Droid Turbo

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Essentially causing problems when drinking ones afternoon cup of tea?
FtHaFUJ.jpg

S5 tap'n

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Been dealing with this for a year with my Galaxy Note 3 case. The Neo Hybrid. I have a callous on that finger now.