GrillMouster

Reaction score
At the moment these are my settings:
Screen scrolling speed: 300
Screen overshoot: 30
Drawer zoom effect speed: 468

Drawer columns & rows
5x5 in portrait
7x4 in landscape (although only 3 rows appear)

I also enabled fast drawer; i think it makes app scrolling & drawer animation smooother.

The above settings work great overclocked from 7500mhz up. At 5500 drawer animation is a bit jittery.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Those using adw have u been having f/c with slacker/pandora. today i kept having slacker stop. at first i thought it may been slacker when i rstored it with titanium instead of installing it. Slacker has been smooth before. so i removed slacker cleared cache then reinstalled. same problem..then i would play and when i hit home key it would stop playing....f/c. so thinking it was slacker i played pandora and it was doin the samething. so i removed adw, cleared cache, reboot and pandora/slacker is working. i want to know if a setting i have with adw causing probs.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Those using adw have u been having f/c with slacker/pandora. today i kept having slacker stop. at first i thought it may been slacker when i rstored it with titanium instead of installing it. Slacker has been smooth before. so i removed slacker cleared cache then reinstalled. same problem..then i would play and when i hit home key it would stop playing....f/c. so thinking it was slacker i played pandora and it was doin the samething. so i removed adw, cleared cache, reboot and pandora/slacker is working. i want to know if a setting i have with adw causing probs.

Hmm weird, I'm using ADW on Cyanogen Mod 7.1 and my Pandora was working fine. It did go into this weird comatose state where it wouldn't play but no F/C. I left it a lone and went back to it later and it was working again. So I dunno lol, it's working for me.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

I have had inconsistent FCs - some with pandora, some with other apps (I don't use slacker), but more than I had pre-ADW, or with LP. The update helped a little.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well pandora has issues which is why I found it weird that I was having a prob wit slacker. Again I thought it was slacker at first which is why I started by removing slacker. After that didn't work I removed every app I installed since it worked last. Not tryna throw salt on the adw launcher, just wanna try to figure out if a setting or something is causing the conflict. I do not have any form of task killer.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ima go today with out adw and see if it is maybe something else.

foolie

Reaction score
for some reason the market version runs slower than rc3 for me (after setting the same settings for both). anyone else feel the same about that?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
pilot - just fyi, i had pandora freeze up on me twice today on the stock home - was running on my home wifi connection, too, so that should've been solid

for what it's worth!

GrillMouster

Reaction score
Hm. I've been so impressed with all of the customization options available in ADW Launcher. However, I just realized that nearly all of the settings I've tweaked and all of the features I've requested of the developer are so that it will feel and behave like LauncherPro. The animation of the app drawer in ADW is just too jittery. Plus, sometimes it takes a while for the widgets & shortcuts to appear when I return to the home screen from an app or when i unlock the phone.

Just when I get ADW set up where i think, "this ain't bad", I load up LP just for S&G, and it's like, "Whoa!". LP is smooth like softened butter. It's very noticeable, the difference. The only thing I've discovered that I like in ADW that's missing from LP is the ability to add more columns to the app drawer. There's so much more missing from ADW that LP has that I think I'm going to make LP my default for now. I'll leave ADW installed for a while and I'll test it out as updates roll out.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hm. I've been so impressed with all of the customization options available in ADW Launcher. However, I just realized that nearly all of the settings I've tweaked and all of the features I've requested of the developer are so that it will feel and behave like LauncherPro. The animation of the app drawer in ADW is just too jittery. Plus, sometimes it takes a while for the widgets & shortcuts to appear when I return to the home screen from an app or when i unlock the phone.

Just when I get ADW set up where i think, "this ain't bad", I load up LP just for S&G, and it's like, "Whoa!". LP is smooth like softened butter. It's very noticeable, the difference. The only thing I've discovered that I like in ADW that's missing from LP is the ability to add more columns to the app drawer. There's so much more missing from ADW that LP has that I think I'm going to make LP my default for now. I'll leave ADW installed for a while and I'll test it out as updates roll out.
Only two things I don't like with LauncherPro is that I can only have 4 icons lol, and that Live Wallpapers make it really choppy.

armeddroid

Reaction score
Hm. I've been so impressed with all of the customization options available in ADW Launcher. However, I just realized that nearly all of the settings I
Only two things I don't like with LauncherPro is that I can only have 4 icons lol, and that Live Wallpapers make it really choppy.

I really like ADW's hidden drawer. That's nice. :]

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

I really like ADW's hidden drawer. That's nice. :]

I LOVE the hidden drawer. I'm using launcher pro right now and it seems to handle tama's wallpaper a little better than adw. It's choppy still but not as bad as adw...hmmm...

EDIT: nevermind adw works fine again, lol i give up I can't tell the difference between the two lol. I just know I love the app drawer on adw too much lol.

vmann32

Reaction score
ADW is very nice.These two are 1 and 1a IMO.ADW drawer not loading widgets does suck az.I am glad bettercut is fixed (as long as you remove droid launchers).LP is sweet too but what is with the icon slots.For me I set (left-right)phone,handcent,gmail,market.The handcent icon looses its color after sleeps sometimes and it would be cool to be able to create your icon(bettercut etc) and drop it in there.But it is very smooth