ADW FC and Redraws

atcjeff

Reaction score
I love the ADW launcher but have been having a lot of problems with it lately. Get lots of screen redraws when going form apps back to home screens. Sometimes it even force closes. I am running ShadowRom right now but it has been happening with other roms as well. Did it with Lithium, and Ultimate Droid too. Switched to Launcher Pro and all is working well for now. I would love to go back to ADW but with all the redraws its not worth it. Any ideas on a fix?

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
try this fix from samsonite801 - it's worked wonders for me and many others on the forum:

If you use ADW or LauncherPro and if after using your browser, email or any other apps for awhile, then if you press the 'HOME' button, if it takes forever to redraw your home screen, and you are sick of that HORRIBLE LAG, then try this: In a terminal, type su and enter. Then type echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop and enter. Then reboot. Now evaluate whether or not this fixes your lag. If you want to undo what this command does, simply remove that toggle from: /data/local.prop

To remove the toggle: In Root Explorer, go to /data/, tap Mount R/W at the top, then long-press on local.prop and Open in Text Editor, then delete the line: ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1.

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
Kate -

Kind of an old post by you I know, but I have a question. Can you rewrite this and clarify if their are any spaces between stuff?

Thanks