ADW fixed my redraw problem.

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
With ADW 5 is the max

wow that sucks. pretty much a deal breaker for me. its a shame cause it seems smoother than launcherpro ..

I hear ya. When i first got ADW i hated only 5 screen's now with launcher docks and some app assessing i dont even fill 5 screens.

5 is not the max, I have 7 with ADW.

All you have to do is when looking at your home screen click Menu > Edit and you're in the ADW screen editor. You can add screens, up to 7, and select the default screen.

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Another testimony to ADW solving the redraw problems. And it has lasted for many days now. I just need to use "system persistent" (and give up homescreen auto-orientation) and it's been a done deal ever since.

I just use 5 screens and don't have them filled at all... Widgetlocker is like having another screen, then there's folders, etc.... and the ability to have 5 icon rows per screen instead of 4.

ffej89

Reaction score
wow that sucks. pretty much a deal breaker for me. its a shame cause it seems smoother than launcherpro ..

I hear ya. When i first got ADW i hated only 5 screen's now with launcher docks and some app assessing i dont even fill 5 screens.

5 is not the max, I have 7 with ADW.

All you have to do is when looking at your home screen click Menu > Edit and you're in the ADW screen editor. You can add screens, up to 7, and select the default screen.

Your right. I seem to have a different version of ADW. When i go to menu ADW settings, screen pref, i have no option to change my number of home screens? I only use 5 but i dont understand why i dont have the option.

ffej89

Reaction score
I use to have a desktop screens option and its gone? Current version 1.1.4

EAK

Reaction score
You don't go to ADW settings, you go to Edit after you hit the menu key.

ffej89

Reaction score
You da man Eak. Sometimes it's just the little things lol

OP
Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
For what its worth, I have had only 3 redraws i about 5 days with ADW. ALL during a 3 hour period when I added Beautiful Widgets which I believe is a memory hog. removed it, better again. I have 5 screens with about 6 or 7 other widgets still running.

OP
Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
Wanting to update again... I have had MAJOR redraws since I bought this phone in December.

Installed ADW, and no redraws the first day. I added Beautiful Widgets--had 3 redraws in about 12 hours... uninstalled BW, and no redraws on ADW for almost a week!

OP
Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
I have that same setting listed as well.

By the way, I loaded Launcher Pro and the 2.2 Stock Launcher as well this morning. Both and redraws in 5 minutes or less.

ffej89

Reaction score
Using ADW for over a week now and not one force close yet. Absolutely my new home default

rickt1152

Reaction score
I had been using LP for about a month with constant redraws. I tried all the fixes, removed many widgets, different ROMS. I even deleted several apps that were persistent in memory. These things helped a little, but I would typically have several redraws each day. I've been using ADW for a week now and haven't had any redraws in that time. I'm using the small Beautiful Widgets home and have a total of ten widgets on five screens. The only thing I really miss from LP is the customizable dock choices. I can't figure out how to add more than two apps to the dock in ADW. LP seems a little smoother to me, but overall, the lack of redraws makes ADW the clear favorite for me.

OP
Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
I had been using LP for about a month with constant redraws. I tried all the fixes, removed many widgets, different ROMS. I even deleted several apps that were persistent in memory. These things helped a little, but I would typically have several redraws each day. I've been using ADW for a week now and haven't had any redraws in that time. I'm using the small Beautiful Widgets home and have a total of ten widgets on five screens. The only thing I really miss from LP is the customizable dock choices. I can't figure out how to add more than two apps to the dock in ADW. LP seems a little smoother to me, but overall, the lack of redraws makes ADW the clear favorite for me.

You can add up to 4 icons on the Dock. The settings on ADW are set up kind of weird.

In the UI settings, check LAB and RAB. Also Check Secondary ActionButtons. Uncheck Desktop Dots.