Which Launcher do you use?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
wow helix launcher still? how is it compared to LP? ive never had much luck with helix

This is the Beta 1.4 (not 1.3) which is basically the Speed and Consitency of Helix 1 with all of the options of Helix 2, you can hide the app titles, hide shortcut titles, hide the notification bar, it has seven screens, panel jump option, it shows frames per second screen panning, and the glass dock at the bottom...nothing but smooth for me

skurtz1313

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I use ADW and LauncherPro on Sapphire I haven't had issues with either one. I only use three pages with widgets. Most of the widgets do not update except Beautiful Widgets, Battery Left, Pure Grid Calendar and FB which I rarely have logged in anyway.

How many launchers do you guys have installed at the same time? I only keep one installed at a time, and I always remove the stock launcher after install. I feel this is important and has helped with problems I've had in the past.

subsynth

Reaction score
I use LauncherPro, I still get redraw, I switched for a few days to ADW and also got redraw delays so I went back to LauncherPro, I hate the little flick up for more dock spots that ADW has.

I have beautiful smaller home, power control, 2 pure calendar agendas (2x3) news and weather, TeslaLED and Vibrate/Silent toggle widgets.

5 screens.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
ADW fixed my redraw problems so thats what I'm using...with about 12 or 13 widgets.

Mikejl

Reaction score
I don't understand it either. I was a holdout for a long time before going to Launcher pro because Team Chaos wasn't theming that launcher. Once the dock became fully customizable I had to give it a try. I love this launcher.

I've never had a single problem with launcher pro. I feel bad for you guys that started having problems after some of the revisions came out. That totally sucks.

Mike

Fraxinus

Reaction score
One of my greatest annoyances to date with Froyo has been the slow launcher (granted, I'm running the stock, leaked frf57, not a custom rom; overclocked to 800). Based on the recommendation of this thread I just started playing with ADW and I'm really liking it. Some of the additional customizations are excellent and the performance is smoother.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
only issue I have with LP is when rotating its sometimes slow.
but I LOVE the backup and restore feature :)

10roller

Reaction score
on sapphire 7.0
ADW would occasionally take some time to redraw apps/widgets on homescreen. its a good launcher i just dont like the dockbar.
zeam launcher would redraw less frequently than ADW and i liked this dockbar over ADW's. another good launcher.

sapphire 8.4
back to Launcher Pro Beta. like the dockbar most on this launcher. smoking fast and no redraws as of yet. and only launcher to offer 3d app drawer. o and did i mention the the 3d drawer isnt glitchy at all, like butter. best choice so far IMO