Advertisement after Call?

nickdclements

Reaction score
After i make a call, instead of seeing the contact, or the home screen, i am being presented with a advertisement... a hyper link at the top and a graphic filling the screen, for like "wallpapers" and other apps. this is no doubt due to a app i have installed, just not sure which one, seeing if anyone has any ideas.

droid1.jpg

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
After i make a call, instead of seeing the contact, or the home screen, i am being presented with a advertisement... a hyper link at the top and a graphic filling the screen, for like "wallpapers" and other apps. this is no doubt due to a app i have installed, just not sure which one, seeing if anyone has any ideas.

droid1.jpg

I have NO idea, but I like that picture...Haha!

3turner

Reaction score
First I hear of this...funny picture though. Could the ad be related to some App you have installed?

Silver Member
Reaction score
home - menu - settings - applications - manage applications - menu - filter - running

see if you can identify the app that's running that's causing this.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's interesting (and annoying). Did you install any apps that affected your call screen(s)? I'm running the "Not Call Log" app to return the phone directly to the HomeScreen and it doesn't do that but I'm assuming you installed something similar to try to get the same result??

aamzalag

Reaction score
thats not from an app i believe. i had that happening to me all the time when i first got my droid. since then it has stopped doing that. but i believe that its a google add. that google used to push those through.

OP
nickdclements

nickdclements

Reaction score
really!? well thats pretty lame.

i uninstalled everything i had recently installed, and it seems to have subsided. so maybe it was coincidence...
I'm slowly re-installing everything to see if i can catch a correlation... between one of them and the ads.

Silver Member
Reaction score
thats not from an app i believe. i had that happening to me all the time when i first got my droid. since then it has stopped doing that. but i believe that its a google add. that google used to push those through.
google doesn't push advertising unless you've had an app installed that does so. there are no advertisements on a completely stock phone.