Cant get rid of ADVERTISEMENTS is it spyware?

Disgruntle

Reaction score
I have some weird advertising tool on my droid phone that has random stills of droid robots doing random stuff, and the display at the top of these pics is a ticker that has random adds about like insurance or ask dex and other random stuff. This screen pops up when I make calls and when I hang up after a call. anyone know how to get rid of this

KirkS

Reaction score
Settings --> Applications --> Unknown Sources

Make sure you don't have that checked?

jedihep

Reaction score
Dose anyone know which app is doing this, it's on my phone as well and it's going to take me forever to find out which app is causing it by removing one app at a time and making a call to see if it is gone!!!!!!????? HELP!!!!!! Please save my SANITY!

Droids

Reaction score
Sounds like some kind of phone "helper" app, or a replacement dialer for the stock one. Have anything like that installed?:

Gadget_Queen

Reaction score
KirkS -I just unchecked it. Hope that helps with ads. How about
CityID? I contacted support and even gave them my s/n to remove. I guess there's no such thing as privacy any longer. Although i guess that we ever had it was a well kept secret/illusion anyway:)

nathanj

Reaction score
Do you use a weather app? I think that may be causing me a problem on my droid X.

jedihep

Reaction score
I found the app that was causing my issues with my dialer showing the android robot doing really stupid things. Not to name any programs in particular but it was a certain one for taking photos of your pets that possessed the hidden and unsavery element that tortured me for so long. If you are having similar issues, I'd search out this program and see who the author is and see what other apps they have written and check them against those that you have. It's a place to start and may very well solve you're wowes!