advanced task killer

milehi202

Reaction score
I use ATK and Memory Task Cleaner..Do I need both...When I use MTC it says it has freed X amount of memory..Is this true? or am I wasting my time..My droid seems to run smooth...But would like to get a honest opion on this subject please...thankyou:motdroidhoriz:

owlclaw

Reaction score
I'm not an expert on the subject, but I used an app killer frequently until I saw this from the help menu of the SystemPanel app...
"the [Android] OS itself automatically removes programs from memory as memory is needed. The OS may also preload applications into memory which it thinks might soon be needed."
Having lots of available memory doesn't appear to improve battery life, and they recommend only using "end all" applications if the phone is performing poorly...
I haven't been going out of my way to conserve memory lately and haven't noticed any difference...

deadernie

Reaction score
You really don't need either one. I've had my droid since shortly after launch date and have never had speed or memory issues. If you do get a bad app that's sucking up battery or memory you can close it using the stock applications management in the menu.

gszeman

Reaction score
+1 for the post above me. I used a task killer for a while, then have been without one for the past week our so. I haven't noticed any difference either way. My phone is actually running its best now, but I think it has a lot to do with the rom I have running now (Buglessbeast 1.0)

Sent from my Droid

snappingfish

Reaction score
seems to get for/agains't in equal parts

+1 for the post above me. I used a task killer for a while, then have been without one for the past week our so. I haven't noticed any difference either way. My phone is actually running its best now, but I think it has a lot to do with the rom I have running now (Buglessbeast 1.0)

Sent from my Droid

Do a lot of folks run Advanced Task Killer? I've been running it for a week or so, and it looks like there are always apps running that I can stop. Whether or not that is saving battery life, or speeding things up is in question. I would appreciate someone who has techie knowledge about this app to let me know, if possible. I would take it out, if folks who know don't think it is worthwhile.

Thanks,
studentfish

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just follow the majority of people on here that say its kinda dumb to use a task killer. Android handles everything just fine on its own. I uninstalled mine and I think my phones fast and working just swell...

snappingfish

Reaction score
data?

I just follow the majority of people on here that say its kinda dumb to use a task killer. Android handles everything just fine on its own. I uninstalled mine and I think my phones fast and working just swell...

I think you might be right-but I want to see if anyone has speed/memory data to see if its working as it's supposed to or not.....

If it says its true, then it must be true, right?
LOL

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The point of my posting that thread is that this subject comes up daily. Really if people would search a bit you'd see there is no real reason to rehash the subject of task killers.