Remove Advanced Task Killer from the droid x

Technoman

Reaction score
Would this all be applicable to the Droid not DroidX too? It seems ever since I updated to 2.2 I have so many apps loading in the background. I usually go into ATK and kill them, but I am thinking of letting the system manage them instead now.

Marty

Marty,
What is stated here is applicable to ALL Android OS based phones, no matter what version you are running.

thelion

Reaction score
I have ATK chilling out on the X but only use it when we have an unresponsive app that just wont give up.

I've had the phone with and without ATK and never noticed a difference in how it behaves.

donballz

Reaction score
Dr Dad,

I don't know if this would help, but I read somewhere that hitting the home key leaves stuff open in the background but hitting back actually closes it out. Or something. No expert, just something I read on teh interwebz.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Dr Dad,

I don't know if this would help, but I read somewhere that hitting the home key leaves stuff open in the background but hitting back actually closes it out. Or something. No expert, just something I read on teh interwebz.

It makes no difference. People prob just think that cause if you "back" all the way out of a program, some will ask you if you want to exit.

I also read that with the 2.2 update that the OS no longer lets one app end another app so task killers are really acting up now since they don't work at all compared to just bad before

makaveliq3

Reaction score
hey guys i've been using atk now for awhile and i just found this thread and i used the kill all function alot? have i done permenant damage to my phone like this?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
hey guys i've been using atk now for awhile and i just found this thread and i used the kill all function alot? have i done permenant damage to my phone like this?

No, not damage to the phone - when you agressively end tasks, you are just causing the OS to work harder (restart apps it might need) thus using more battery life...You can keep the ATK installed and just use it when you have an app that is not responding..

luv2increase

Reaction score

I wonder how many people read this thread and got the vibe that ATK is bad for their phone?

I use ATK everyday, but I use it correctly. The problems with ATK which people talk about in this thread are not an issue on my phone.

For example, after I turn on my phone, ATK will not even show any open, available processes which it can kill.

The problem with using ATK incorrectly is that when a user opens it up, they will see all kinds of open processes, they will kill them, go about their merry business, and finally reopen ATK later on only to find all those same processes they had just previously killed open again. The apps automatically opened up all over again by themselves! If a user doesn't know how to stop all this automatic reopening of the apps, YES, ATK will just end up causing ur battery to drain faster.

ATK will not cause any instability problems on your phone unless you leave it running 24/7. This is the #2 mistake people make when using ATK. Never let ATK run 24/7. Leave the ATK icon on your main homescreen. When you want to close your apps, it will only take 2 seconds to then do so.

It really is a shame that the people who don't know how to use ATK the right way are wronvfully giving the program a had rap. It can be the best app on your phone if you let it be :)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
It really is a shame that the people who don't know how to use ATK the right way are wronvfully giving the program a had rap. It can be the best app on your phone if you let it be :)

We know how to use it, Just find it an un-necessary app.

orangepeel

Reaction score
[

Yeah...it's mainly a bunch of parrots repeating what they read. I've seen this on the internet since 28k dial-up.:)

ATK's won't hurt anything if you kill it off when you kill off a couple of rogue apps. I admit if you run them 24/7 iy could be negative.That goes for any app though.

luv2increase

Reaction score
[

Yeah...it's mainly a bunch of parrots repeating what they read. I've seen this on the internet since 28k dial-up.:)

ATK's won't hurt anything if you kill it off when you kill off a couple of rogue apps. I admit if you run them 24/7 iy could be negative.That goes for any app though.

+1

I guarantee that the two moderators above me have not a single bit of hands-on experience with running ATK the correct way.

It is a shame too. Many people would have MUCH BETTER Android experiences if the right information made its rounds.

This is how I roll... lol

4a042e39-5969-4ae8.jpg

donballz

Reaction score
Four hours to 20%? Turn your brightness down. That's not exactly a resounding advertisement for ATK. If anything, it confirms the posts that are chicken-littling it.

But more importantly, what battery app is that????!!!!

ETA: I get it now, which theme is that?

luv2increase

Reaction score
Four hours to 20%? Turn your brightness down. That's not exactly a resounding advertisement for ATK. If anything, it confirms the posts that are chicken-littling it.

But more importantly, what battery app is that????!!!!

ETA: I get it now, which theme is that?

lol

The screen using up 78% of the power is a PERFECT testament to the utility of Autostarts and ATK used together.

Screen brightness is not an application that can be killed lol rofl lol

Oh boy...

That is using my phone nonstop for that amount of time with the screen on full brightness. I wouldn't have it any other way :)

donballz

Reaction score
lol

The screen using up 78% of the power is a PERFECT testament to the utility of Autostarts and ATK used together.

Screen brightness is not an application that can be killed lol rofl lol

Yeah, I get that. Your battery life sucks, turn your screen down.

Oh boy...

That is using my phone nonstop for that amount of time with the screen on full brightness. I wouldn't have it any other way :)

That's nice. Seriously, what theme is that?