Add pdf shortcut on home screen

rwhyel

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I might be totally out of the realm of possibilty but I am trying to place a pdf file on my home screen so that I can open it with having to access open office everytime I want to view the download. I use it quite regulary so it has become a hassle. I am not rooted and I do not have any other ROMS or anything so I am using a stock razr......which i love btw. Anything you guys might know Id appreciate.

SallyC

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I might be totally out of the realm of possibilty but I am trying to place a pdf file on my home screen so that I can open it with having to access open office everytime I want to view the download. I use it quite regulary so it has become a hassle. I am not rooted and I do not have any other ROMS or anything so I am using a stock razr......which i love btw. Anything you guys might know Id appreciate.

I'm not rooted and only running stock.
  1. Download ES File Explorer.
  2. Open it and navigate to the PDF file you want
  3. Long press and scroll down Shortcut
Voila! A shortcut to the file will be on your home screen. :biggrin:

SallyC

Reaction score
Thanks!. Exactly what I wanted! Appreciate it

Glad it worked! ES File Explorer is nice too. To make it more useful, open it up and go to Menu>Settings>Home Directory and change the Current Directory to a simple forward slash (/). That way you'll be able to use the Up button to get to your root directory. Even for those of us who are not rooted, and won't be able to view/modify as much as rooted phones, that is still occasionally a nice option.