Saving a PDF to the Home Screen

Doheny

Reaction score
I have a PDF file I view often. Is there a way to save it to the home screen? Also, how do I delete PDF files I no longer view?

(I've checked the manual but can't find my answers...)

Thanks.

OP
D

Doheny

Reaction score
Well, the only way I found so far is that if the PDF has its own URL, save that URL as a bookmark...

Any other suggestions?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Download an app called Astro ... it's a file manager app. With this program you can create a shortcut on your home screens that goes directly to a file. It also allows you to go into the SD card and delete the files you want to.

OP
D

Doheny

Reaction score
Download an app called Astro ... it's a file manager app. With this program you can create a shortcut on your home screens that goes directly to a file. It also allows you to go into the SD card and delete the files you want to.

I have Astro, but it comes w/ so little direction I'm not sure how to use it. Do you know of any documentation anywhere?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can help you out as much as possible. Not sure about specific documentation because it only has simple tasks. It can cut, paste, delete, open files, traverse folders. If you long press on the background on the home screen, then hit shortcut, then hit astro, then use it to traverse to where the PDF file is located on the SD card, and then just click on the document.

OP
D

Doheny

Reaction score
I'll give that a try; I'll PM any other questions

Thanks!

alpineconvert

Reaction score
astro works great

Thanks for the info on astro! Works exactly as intended and has an easy interface. Was able to erase unwanted downloaded files from multiple apps. Thanks for the info.