Account settings tricks for droid2 GB nightly 0.2

igchy

Reaction score
Settings/Accounts doesn't work on liberty gb 0.2 from nightlies.
Jrummy16 knows about it and it will be fixed in a new versions.
But little trick how to get there in a meantime wouldn't hurt i think.
I'm using Launcher Pro, but i think it should work with any home app.

So, long tap on a empty space of any home screen, Shortcuts, Activities, Account and Sync Settings, Accounts & sync settings com.android.settings.AccountSyncSettings.
Done.
Now you should have application with an ugly icon on your home screen which brings you to the sync settings for all your accounts.

Side notes.
To change sync options (for example i don't want picasa web albums sync) Auto-sync should be on.
It might be enabled through the power widget or through the Accounts settings like i described above.

But sometimes you might need to turn sync off without enabling it. :)
For example i have two google accounts. But i want contacts from only one of them on my phone. To add account you need data connection and contacts sync starts right after you added account. So, i need to manually delete all contacts from the second account each time, which is annoying.
Figured following sequence to solve this.
1) disable auto sync through power widget
2) add needed account
3) turn flight mode on
4) enable auto sync
5) change account settings and disable any sync you want
6) turn flight mode off

It's kind of a long way, but works for me.
:)

cydetrakd

Reaction score
It worked for me just fine all I did was wipe data and cache coming from liberty 2.0.1 then flashed the gb leak and then downloaded the nightlies and wiped once more and installed from the toolbox rom manager.

Can't really tell a difference between this and the stock leak need some themes.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Zog

Reaction score
I came from gb, accounts doesn't work. I wiped cache/data on the install. I agree with you, themes will come soon enough though.

Phaze08

Reaction score
Ok well the only thing that's wrong is none of my contacts got restored. Is there any way to fix it?

chaaaad

Reaction score
Using this method makes my phone reboot.

Edit:

Did com.android.settings.ManageAccountsSettings and that took me to the accounts page, but nothing happens when I try to add my Facebook account.

Last edited:

Phaze08

Reaction score
Mine also reboots when doing this.