Accelerometer concerns

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Issue !? This is how it should've been in the first place , thank god they fixed it . Screen changing at the slightest tilt was really annoying , especially while trying to change a song while driving and hit the wrong button cause the screen tilted while picking up the phone .

You have to remember though the accelerometer not only affects screen orientation, it is also used in apps such as games and GPS thus the reason it was so sensitive , this could be although a temporary issue a real black eye until it is fixed.

It all depends on how it affects other apps other than the screen orientation.

Last edited:

squeak

Reaction score
I'm typing this on my xoom right now and there is a 2-3 second delay before the animation starts. its running stock honeycomb. I think that it is a move to refine the android os and make everything smoother and less figgity, i dont think its a problem with the sensor at all, rather an intentional delay to avoid unwanted screen rotation.

Last edited:

proangler

Reaction score
Yea I hate it when my bolt does it unwantingly at times. There hasn't really been complaining from the UK about it. Maybe us Americans are spoiled brats for complaining and not picking.

richmo41

Reaction score
No problem with lag. Does not appear to exist. Probably internet signal and camera picture rendering lag.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

djras1

Reaction score
I agree this is a NON-issue. It is probably a delay in software to make sure that is what you want to happen. As soon as the software geeks get it they will make it work the way they want it (probably with a setting since this is such a subjective feature).

Cbass057

Reaction score
I would wait until you are actually holding a new Nexus in your hands before passing judgement. Who know what somebody did within the settings of a demo phone...it did look pretty slow though...my 2cents...

suliman

Reaction score
I can't believe people are still debating this. If you have a d1 go landscape and see how fast it is. Pretty quick huh? Notice there is no animation in between? After watching so many gnex vids isn't it obvious that the delay is really cause by the animation in between. I think that's what people are interpreting as the lag between switching

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

tituswife

Reaction score
Basically a device built into the phone that “tells” the phone which way it is being held up, down, left, right, moving etc.

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get back here, and thank you for that info ... Out of network, illness ... I do thank you.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

TheBoyPat

Reaction score
I can't believe people are still debating this. If you have a d1 go landscape and see how fast it is. Pretty quick huh? Notice there is no animation in between? After watching so many gnex vids isn't it obvious that the delay is really cause by the animation in between. I think that's what people are interpreting as the lag between switching

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

What!? No, the delay is not caused by an animation. You can turn the animation off and the lag still exists. The lag is obviously there on purpose as it is not a tiny feature that could have been overlooked. I have always had issue with the screen orientation switching while laying on my side or using my phone from an odd angle...I welcome this change.

proangler

Reaction score
Sooner or later they will incorporate a setting that you can adjust sensitivity like brightness or volume.

tituswife

Reaction score
This is why I use Quick Settings (not the widget), and access it from Notifications, to change to auto rotate. Otherwise, I have auto rotate turned off. Some apps do it themselves, of course, like You Tube, certain games. Then I don't even need to change the setting.

Sent from my Gingerbreadless stock Thunderbolt