I touched one.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I just can't believe that someone would complain about a 1 or 2 second delay on rotation. Unless you are spinning this thing around all day, just what is the significance of waiting a second or 2. Personally, I would prefer the slight delay so that it is not always flipping back and forth if I hold it near horizontal for a second of turn it slightly like it does on my Droid.

pilot25

Reaction score
I wouldn't call it beating up either, we pointed out that it is hardly "deal-breaking" considering it's such a simple software adjustment.

Everyone has their own desires and mine is a smooth as silk interface. "Deal-Breaking" is in the eye of the beholder.

And yes, I'm getting beat up by the fanbois who don't even know what they are getting. Could be great or a POS. All I know is when stuff goes wrong its annoying and takes away from the experience. As I've said on this many times. The device is to make my life easier, not something to entertain myself with or show off to others. If I have constantly play with the thing to make it right then it's a POS in my opinion.

You guys are acting like an Apple board on roids. God forbid someone says something wrong about your precious nexus you haven't even used.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you bought the original Droid, then you very well know there were many, many things wrong with it when it was released, did that make it a POS? I don't think so. They fixed most of the issues and it turned out to be a great device.

pilot25

Reaction score
I returned 4 of the Droids due to physical problems. Broken keyboards, prox sensors, camera, etc... That's in addition to all the soft problems.

You can't tell me Moto et al. didn't know about these things ahead of time. It's been burned into "your" brains that it's okay to release a device with problems.

Very sad.

gthotie5

Reaction score
Tell it like it is pilot. People are just going all android fanboy.
This phone has some serious issues that you are overlooking just because it has nexus in its name? Cheap build, Bad Camera and
Lag when switching to landscape??? On Googles flagship device really???
The only way I'm getting this phone is if its $200 on contract, cuz its not worth $300.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I returned 4 original Droids myself as well until I got one that worked properly.

I'm not saying it's okay to release devices with problems, what I'm telling you is that nothing on this planet is built perfectly. Every piece of hardware has faults, some bigger than others.

Nothing's been burned into my brain except your sad attempts at trolling.

ShinyTop

Reaction score
Everyone has their own desires and mine is a smooth as silk interface. "Deal-Breaking" is in the eye of the beholder.

And yes, I'm getting beat up by the fanbois who don't even know what they are getting. Could be great or a POS. All I know is when stuff goes wrong its annoying and takes away from the experience. As I've said on this many times. The device is to make my life easier, not something to entertain myself with or show off to others. If I have constantly play with the thing to make it right then it's a POS in my opinion.

You guys are acting like an Apple board on roids. God forbid someone says something wrong about your precious nexus you haven't even used.

Actually anti-nexus fan would apply to you. You asked if was a deal breaker, you were told it was not and why and you appeared to go on the offensive. Seems like you want your opinion to sway everybody else. To each their own.

Not a deal breaker to me and to others. We are waiting to see it and operate it. We may find issues that are not acceptable. Yours is not one for us. If for you, fine, leaves more available to us on the day it releases. Cheers.

pilot25

Reaction score
Actually anti-nexus fan would apply to you. You asked if was a deal breaker, you were told it was not and why and you appeared to go on the offensive. Seems like you want your opinion to sway everybody else. To each their own.

Not a deal breaker to me and to others. We are waiting to see it and operate it. We may find issues that are not acceptable. Yours is not one for us. If for you, fine, leaves more available to us on the day it releases. Cheers.

100% incorrect. I don't care what each one's deal breaker is. I know what mine are and am compiling as much information about the device as I can and am comparing it to the Razr, Rezound, and iphone 4s. When Google finally fixes the current problems I will make a decision. However, FOR ME, it's not looking like I would get this device. I don't slobber over a phone as many on here do. Especially when it's not even out yet.

And for the record, I don't even know what the heck Trolling means.

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Guys lets keep it on topic and respectful please. The OP was nice enough to share let's not derail this thread any further. Thank you.

pyro6128

Reaction score
I think this is a pretty good sign. Outside of the volume issue, which is already fixed, all of the other complaints people have are purely opinion based.

Cheap Build? Thats just personal preference. I got a chance to mess with the nexus today, felt fine to me.

Bad Camera? Again, opinion. Is it the best camera in the world? No, but honestly I'm not trying to become a professional photographer with my cell phone. The pictures look plenty good to me for everyday use. Not to mention facebook and every other website is just going to compress the crap out of the pictures anyway.

Slower transition effect? Again, opinion. Personally, it annoys the crap out of me when my d3 is flipping from landscape to portrait with the slightest tilt. This is even worse when I try setting it down on my desk. The 2-3 second delay experienced on the nexus wasn't even enough for me to notice. I only knew it was an issue after I came on the boards and saw people complaining about it.

People have different opinions. If whatever your cell phone experience is is seriously dampened by an addition second or 2 wait, thats totally cool. Just wait for that phone that has instantaneous transitions. But frankly, if the worse thing someone can tell me about the phone I'm going to buy is that it isn't a DSLR and it takes an extra second to switch into landscape, I think I'm in pretty good shape. Makes me feel confident in my purchase.

edit: God I love living in NYC

pyro6128

Reaction score
Also, I kind of understand how some people would be frustrated. We've all been waiting for this phone for a while. I can only imagine how annoyed I would be if after the long wait, a feature that mattered to me, or something that irked me about my previous phone, was seemingly worse in the model I've been waiting on. Thankfully none of the complaints people have on the nexus are things that bother me, but I can understand how someone would be a little pissed. The wait amplifies the little annoyances.

Last edited:

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
I agree with Pilot's view on the fanaticism regardless of whether he's trolling or not.

On topic: I will probably consider the Nexus in February after an update or two. Looks like a decent phone.

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums

WythDryden

Reaction score
I also got a chance to play with it a little bit in Columbus circle today. I was a little concerned over what the build quality would be like, but after holding it I don't think it's an issue. I was very thrown off by how light it was (I'm a droid x user, which is pretty hefty [which I don't mind]), but it felt pretty comfortable. I did also note that in the settings it was showing 4.0.1, so there's still time for the update to come pre-installed, but who knows. I'm sure the immediately apparent tweaks that need to be fixed will probably be out soon.