About 2.1 on droid and the new launcher...

blue rocket

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.grafixpressions.com
Question for you guys... i know we were all Droid newbies when 2.0.1 was pushed...but was there any talk (before it being pushed) and the new lockscreen? That was a graphical enhancement that (as far as i can remember) wasnt mentioned, we noticed it after the OTA upgrade.

Who's to say that the new launcher (more of a graphical enhancement) except for the extra homescreens isn't in that same category? I still have slight hope that we'll get it... what is everyone elses thought?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
no idea. guess we'll have to wait and see until someone gets the first update and lets us know.

I have 2.1 launcher and it runs pretty smooth, i think it's from the N1 though. you can get it from RinTinTigger's thread on APK files, check out the docking clock too!

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I feel the same way about this to an extent....cause when 2.0.1 was pushed, I wasn't a droidforum addict at the time!! So I hadn't even heard of the update til I received it myself...

But according to that article someone posted, Engadget supposedly had a Droid with the official 2.1 update and it still had the standard app drawer they said....

But I don't know til I get it I guess....just hope for the best...

androidmike

Reaction score
Ya, no super cool 3D app draw for DRODID owners -- unless you root and install some custom ROM of course.

iPirate

Reaction score
Some people are so quick to take what one random person on the internet says as the truth.

Droid 2.1 will have all that the N1 has. What now? Two random people saying different things!

superglen99

Reaction score
Motorola posted on their facebook what the update will have. No app drawer and no live wallpapers are included, sorry boys. Look it up if you dont believe me.

gatorbait

Reaction score
This is purely speculation on my part, but I'm wondering if the reason we aren't getting some of these graphical enhancements is because Google hasn't coded them to work in landscape mode yet. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there is no way to force landscape view on any of the Nexus One homescreens like you can with the Droid.

SinCitySRT4

Reaction score
This is purely speculation on my part, but I'm wondering if the reason we aren't getting some of these graphical enhancements is because Google hasn't coded them to work in landscape mode yet. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there is no way to force landscape view on any of the Nexus One homescreens like you can with the Droid.

i was just askin the exact same question in another thread. this is what i was thinking and that we might see it later down the line on our droids

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Motorola posted on their facebook what the update will have. No app drawer and no live wallpapers are included, sorry boys. Look it up if you dont believe me.

"UPDATE: Motorola seems to have removed the page. It's possible that the information on it was incomplete. However, Neowin has no further information at this time."

SR20S13

Reaction score

here is why you can't just say
"Oh so Motorola didn't say this was in the update so that means 100% its not in their"

here is the thing they have never once said that the app drawer and live wallpapers were NOT in the update, so they still could be they are just not saying till it comes out

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you will know what we will get when we........ohm yall get the update. Ima stay rooted and wait because I can smell the disappointment in the air. :noupstoday01:

thesandman51

Reaction score
Now that I'm really looking at what this update is going to have, I think I'll just stay rooted. I've already got half of that stuff anyway, and I can get the things that are missing.