a855 wont turn on

ilesellit

Reaction score
upon turning on a855 droid black screen appears, back light is on , keyboard is on, there is no moto symble no noise no screen just black.
when i hook to sdk and run check it says phone is fine and when i check for apps there is none. when i do a bootloader mode nothing comes up no writing could this be a lcd problem:mad:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow, sorry to hear about that. I have to tell you that I don't know if much can be done, it sounds bricked to me. Let me get you to where you might find some help.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
It sounds like a hardware problem, unless you're running something like juice defender, have the brightness turned down the bare minimum, or installed a program. Your best bet might be to make a nandroid backup from recovery (if possible) and then SBF back to stock to see if the problem persists. If it does it's hardware and you need to replace the phone.

OP
I

ilesellit

Reaction score
thanx dave thats my conclusion also because it was working fine then when i slid the key pad forward it glinched and stopped working . ile replace that next.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
We don't have or allow buy/sell/trade threads here. There are some over on android.net or you can look around. Keep in mind replacing it will void your warranty. How long have you had the phone? If it's less than a year Verizon should replace it unless you got it second-hand. In that case go to Motorola and punch in the ESN. If you can't see that even with a flashlight trained on the screen CALL Moto and see if they can help you track down if it's covered under warranty or not.

OP
I

ilesellit

Reaction score
thank you and sorry didnot know that any business transaction is not allowed im new to this thanx again for your support and understanding:)