Motorola Droid a855 won't turn on!

zmanriquez

Reaction score
Hey, right now I'm having issues with my Motorola Droid a855. I got it less than a week ago second-hand and already have the phone service activated. My issue is with turning it on: it will only start with the charger plugged in, and it starts automatically when plugged in, but it won't turn all the way on. The black screen with the Motorola logo comes on then the word "droid" shows up and it turns into the red oval, then it turns off and starts again. I tried turning it on in Safe Mode, but it still won't work. I tried doing a factory reset, but it only goes to th screen with the triangle with an exclamation Mark next to a phone, it won't go any further. Also, the white light on the side of the phone that tells you its charging won't come on at all, with any charger I use. Please help!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So you activated it, when it was working and now its not? Or it never was?

Either way, you need to flash the stock firmware on to it with RSDLite, however, even our own local guides links here are dead.

Its going to be difficult to fix that device potentially.

"Notarized"

OP
Z

zmanriquez

Reaction score
So you activated it, when it was working and now its not? Or it never was?

Either way, you need to flash the stock firmware on to it with RSDLite, however, even our own local guides links here are dead.

Its going to be difficult to fix that device potentially.

"Notarized"

It was working fine before, and It's been activated for two days.
Do I use a computer to "flash the stock firmware?" How Do I do that?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
OP
Z

zmanriquez

Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the help so far!
I'm busy during the week, but on the weekend I'll try this and post whether it worked or not.
Thanks, again.

OP
Z

zmanriquez

Reaction score
Interesting update on my phone: when I take the battery out and plug it into the charger, it works...sometimes. When I put the battery back in (still plugged in or unplugged) it goes back to the way it was. I'm still going to try doing what's posted above this weekend--unless someone advises me not to.