A very easy guide to Rooting, backup, and ROM flashing for the DX....

Whitemike358

Reaction score
I batched them all at once when I backed them up, but I am using free. So once I reinstall titanium is it going to recognize I have those apps backed up automatically?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

MMASUPAFAN

Reaction score
Just want to make sure but now that I'm rooted can I still get the otas? Didn't remove any apps just froze sum...so after ota rolls out I just unfreeze em then accept the ota right? Or way off?

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
So its one at a time? No way to just do em all once?

Free version yes....one at a time but remember when you restore ONLY do missing user apps and data....the full back up can only be restored on the exact same phone with the exact same ROM installed. Otherwise you are asking for trouble

Depends on the version of TB you have. I think only the Pro version does Batch but I could be wrong.

You are correct.

I batched them all at once when I backed them up, but I am using free. So once I reinstall titanium is it going to recognize I have those apps backed up automatically?

I am not sure I understand the question. When you reinstall TB it will show them as restore-able.

Just want to make sure but now that I'm rooted can I still get the otas? Didn't remove any apps just froze sum...so after ota rolls out I just unfreeze em then accept the ota right? Or way off?

you have to Unroot I believe but yes you are correct...unfreeze....unroot (I believe) install OTA providing you are still on stock ROM.

I'm a little confused about rooting, why is it better?

Makes your phone your phone. Remove crap apps you don't use, flash ROM's like they are going out of style, change theme's, Overclock, tether, and on and on and on.....

where can i get gingerbread

TBH app is the best for this in my opinion and experience.

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have removed the link to the free Droid X Recovery bootstrap....this app is well worth the money.

I have also updated the first post with a little better instruction as well as walk through for app backup and restore after flashing new ROM

Fitter459

Reaction score
Thanks for the know how! Keep up the good work. I did have to buy the bootstrap from the market, kept freezing on the version in the andyapppack.
now for the fun part, picking the upgrades! Anybody have suggestions for ROM's? What to look for what to avoid?:icon_ banana:

Fitter459

Reaction score
What is the sequence for unrooting with superoneclick? Do I need to defrost any apps that were frozen with Ti Pro? Also do I need to remove any apps which require rooted device? ie. Ti Pro, Barnacle or the like. I rooted with the andysapppack.zip as per instructions. Do I even need to unroot if I perform a manual update to GB?

Sorry I have read so much on this forum that I can't even remember what I read!

Thanks

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lately I have been seeing more and more people issues that simply unrooted to take the OTA. What I have been doing is SBF'ing to let them take the OTA and none of the SBF'ers are having any issues with GB that the unrooters were experiencing.

Hope that helps. If you are SBF'ing then dont worry about removing apps. They will all be gone once the SBF completes.