A very easy guide to Rooting, backup, and ROM flashing for the DX....

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've never seen it take more than a minute or two honestly. DX is the only phone I've seen the hangup with.

Yes, just exit, reboot, and run it again. Should work then.

I'm following the steps and Z4 rooting started about 10min ago and is still running. How long does rooting typically take? Any chance it didn't work you think.

Most importantly, if it's frozen, can I just exit out?

Thanks in advance!

DroidForums Junkie!!

Thanks - I'm rebooting now and will try again. As a reference though, how long should it take Z4 to run through the root process?

DroidForums Junkie!!

snmemx

Reaction score
It worked - rebooted, and is rooted! I'm sure this is somewhere else on the site, but I'm going to hold off trying a new ROM for the evening...but if I want to remove all the bloatware crap off the DX, is there an app I should use for that?

Also, any suggestions on which ROM works best on the DX (or is that like asking which ice cream flavor is "best")?

Thanks again for the help!

I've never seen it take more than a minute or two honestly. DX is the only phone I've seen the hangup with.

Yes, just exit, reboot, and run it again. Should work then.

DroidForums Junkie!!

Thanks - I'm rebooting now and will try again. As a reference though, how long should it take Z4 to run through the root process?

DroidForums Junkie!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I wouldn't actually remove any of it...in case you want to accept an update later on. You can rename them with Root Explorer or freeze them with Titanium Backup Pro. I recommend both actually when going from ROM to ROM :)

It worked - rebooted, and is rooted! I'm sure this is somewhere else on the site, but I'm going to hold off trying a new ROM for the evening...but if I want to remove all the bloatware crap off the DX, is there an app I should use for that?

Also, any suggestions on which ROM works best on the DX (or is that like asking which ice cream flavor is "best")?

DroidForums Junkie!!

DroidForums Junkie!!

snmemx

Reaction score
Are there any alternatives to Root Explorer? I've tried to buy it in the market and it keeps saying the currency of the vendor won't allow me to use my credit card. Never had this happen before.

I wouldn't actually remove any of it...in case you want to accept an update later on. You can rename them with Root Explorer or freeze them with Titanium Backup Pro. I recommend both actually when going from ROM to ROM :)

DroidForums Junkie!!

DroidForums Junkie!!

MMASUPAFAN

Reaction score
Ok didn't have to rename the file it was already apk...got to phase 1 of z4 the blue screen bottom read running exploit........then after 10 mins froze....any help would be appreciated

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Reboot and run it again

Ok didn't have to rename the file it was already apk...got to phase 1 of z4 the blue screen bottom read running exploit........then after 10 mins froze....any help would be appreciated

DroidForums Junkie!!

HelpeRX

Reaction score
RE

I always wondered if you installed a custom rom and decided to install z4 root and press the unroot button what would happen O_O.

Tinninches

Reaction score

Pull the battery and start over.

MMASUPAFAN

Reaction score
Thanks just tried it again and worked I'm now rooted just one question...jrummy's root tools able to change fonts no problem dl few boot animations want it to cycle threw em...but only one I c is last one I dled...any suggestions?

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
There should be a link to download more of them. What ROM are you running?

Whitemike358

Reaction score
Just wondering if you could give a step by step of restoring my apps using titanium once the new rom is flashed. Any help would be appreciated because it's the only thing keeping me from going to rubix for the first time.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It's as easy as opening TB, clicking the apps (alot may be at the bottom, grey, with a slash through them), Restore, and App+Data. Even if you have to redownload TB, its not a problem because all your backups are on your sd card :)

Just wondering if you could give a step by step of restoring my apps using titanium once the new rom is flashed. Any help would be appreciated because it's the only thing keeping me from going to rubix for the first time.

Whitemike358

Reaction score
So its one at a time? No way to just do em all once?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Depends on the version of TB you have. I think only the Pro version does Batch but I could be wrong.