A very easy guide to Rooting, backup, and ROM flashing for the DX....

Tinninches

Reaction score
So, ya. It's way better to just get your apps through yours phones market. I went ahead and purchased the root explorer and it was dl'd to my phone instantly. I'm still in pending status with my bootstrap order.

Tinninches

Reaction score
Rooted another 5 DX today while at work with 100% success. However, the owners of said DXs are wanting to know how to unroot them. Fair question. I had to unroot my 2nd DX and forgot to use the one click that comes with z4root. I used a terminal emulator and went through the unrooting process the long way.

Has anyone used the one click unroot method from z4root with success?

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes Z4 has an "unroot" button and it works.

For the DX I have stopped using Z4 and started using "Superoneclick" it is almost instantaneous and does not have the freeze up issue that Z4 sometimes has. I am going to upload a "AndyappPack" that has all the required files to root the DX shortly and will update first post with a link.

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI though....although Koush does provide this for free on his site I strongly recommend or advise you guys to just purchase it. Reason being is apps like this are vital for these things and Dev's do deserve support when providing apps such as this.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I believe Koush took the free version down

Just an FYI though....although Koush does provide this for free on his site I strongly recommend or advise you guys to just purchase it. Reason being is apps like this are vital for these things and Dev's do deserve support when providing apps such as this.

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score

DroidForums Junkie!!

As he should. I know you can still get it on Mediafire but I think apps like this are well worth the $2. I know I bought mine....even though I KNOW where to get it for free. But again....this is vital and well worth the money.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Agree 100% :)

DroidForums Junkie!!

As he should. I know you can still get it on Mediafire but I think apps like this are well worth the $2. I know I bought mine....even though I KNOW where to get it for free. But again....this is vital and well worth the money.

DroidForums Junkie!!

Tinninches

Reaction score
I'll buy it, that's no problem! In fact, I wish I knew a head of time that there was a paid version prior to yesterday, I would have DL'd it on each of the 5 phones I worked on. There a link I can just send the guy $10?

Tinninches

Reaction score
Yes Z4 has an "unroot" button and it works.

For the DX I have stopped using Z4 and started using "Superoneclick" it is almost instantaneous and does not have the freeze up issue that Z4 sometimes has. I am going to upload a "AndyappPack" that has all the required files to root the DX shortly and will update first post with a link.

Excellent, ty

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok so here is my first shot at my "andyapppack" for the DX

Can someone try this...if it works I will add to first post. All of the apps I use to root a DX are in here.

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Again....I STRONGLY recommend purchasing the Droid Recovery Bootstrap app from the market to ensure that apps like this stick around and provide us with the ability to continue to mod our phones to our liking.

snmemx

Reaction score
Z4-how long should it take

I'm following the steps and Z4 rooting started about 10min ago and is still running. How long does rooting typically take? Any chance it didn't work you think.

Most importantly, if it's frozen, can I just exit out?

Thanks in advance!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes, just exit, reboot, and run it again. Should work then.

I'm following the steps and Z4 rooting started about 10min ago and is still running. How long does rooting typically take? Any chance it didn't work you think.

Thanks in advance!

DroidForums Junkie!!

snmemx

Reaction score
Yes, just exit, reboot, and run it again. Should work then.

Thanks in advance!

DroidForums Junkie!!

Thanks - I'm rebooting now and will try again. As a reference though, how long should it take Z4 to run through the root process?