A Series of Irritating Events

CharlieDog

Reaction score
Hoping someone can help me out. I'm having several problems with my Droid. About a week ago it just stopped retrieving Gmail, and I would have to manually refresh. Now, it just says "No Connection" and asks if I want to retry.

It has also started exiting itself out of the browser. It will just randomly close and send me to the home screen. ??? I can't find any rhyme or reason for this either.

And then, sometimes it will just blank screen itself. I try locking and unlocking it with the top button... or rather putting it to sleep and waking it up, but nothing works, I have to pull the battery. None of this coincided with the install of any particular application.

Also, it will occasionally just turn itself off and I have to turn it back on myself. It doesn't just reset.

I'm running dxTop and none of the apps I've got have been reported to cause any problems. I hadn't downloaded anything new when this started and since then I've only gotten a few games.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
sounds to me like an app is hanging up.

regarding gmail...are you signed in to your account? check and see if your account is added in settings.

OP
CharlieDog

CharlieDog

Reaction score
In the gmail, I am signed in. I don't think you can operate this phone without being signed in to your google account?

How do I figure out whichapp it is?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
well i'm not sure but alot of people have problems with antivirus apps. do you have one of those installed?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would say more than anything else, it's the dxTop home replacement. Those things have caused me more problems than any apps I've ever had. That's why I never keep them, they look cool but they cause more force closes and weird problems than anything I've had installed.

OP
CharlieDog

CharlieDog

Reaction score
I've never had a problem with dxtop. I got it, had a few force closes, emailed the dev, shortly after an update was released and I haven't looked back. Your milage may vary of course.

Corina, no I don't have an anti virus thingy installed. I do have task killer, but I've had it since the beginning, and I can't remember if it was updated before this started or not? Should I just call tech support? Do they know what they're doing with the droid yet or no?

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
This probably isn't the case, but make sure you don't have your task killer set to auto kill your email program(s)....

OP
CharlieDog

CharlieDog

Reaction score
No, it ignores my gmail. I don't use the other email client the phone has though, so I dunno if that's part of the deal or what.