A sad day for me and my for my droid1 :(

ypsichick

Reaction score
Western KY and W. Los Angeles 3 miles from the bea
How do I turn it off? How do I reject it? Do I just flash the ROM & it will go away? I saw another thread here & they were talking about it... I'll mossey on over there & see if I can find some answers. BTW-Outside of being rooted & wireless tether I'm running everything else stock.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

UNC

Reaction score
Well as of two days ago my beloved rooted droid1 is no more. :( I was heading out to take my dog outside and I left my phone on my end talbe still plugged in all was fine. When I came back in I checked my rooted droid and all I had was the Motorola emblem!! Don't know what happened or why just no phone at all nada,nothing, no one was around so no one messed with it it just seems like it erased everything itself! A complete wipe! SD card all of it, all backups, stock everything! Udder loss! Verizon sent me out a replacement one,but it sucks bad my perfect Droid gone sooo heart broken. And the replacement one has been updated so I can't root with a one click method like I did with the first. (z4root) I don't have a computer or even internet, so anything I do I have to do via phone method. Now my replacement phone is also being sent back cuz its refurbished and doesn't charge right you have to hold it in place or it wont charge. So they are going to send another one out and it will be on 2.2.1 but this one is on 2.2.2 which sucks by the way. What to do??? I want my original one back i was using my favorite rom miui ,but don't know why it did what it did. Anyone who knows what happened and why so I can make sure it wont happen again would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks in advance!

How'd you send this from your droid using the DroidForums App???

OP
bullswife98

bullswife98

Reaction score
The update was a mom's fix and if your rooted your recovery should block it. I see no difference between this one and the last one. Really your not getting anything from this update in my opion,so not worth it and they did this update to unroot and block hackers from gaining access to your phone's data. That still wont stop me from trying to root. I will just be more careful about what I dwnld that's all. So don't take the update! If you do you won't be able to root it back.

UNC

Reaction score
How do I turn it off? How do I reject it? Do I just flash the ROM & it will go away? I saw another thread here & they were talking about it... I'll mossey on over there & see if I can find some answers. BTW-Outside of being rooted & wireless tether I'm running everything else stock.

Just install a custom rom, CM 6.1 would be a good one for you. It will stop the notifications and add a lot of functionality.

Also, to the OP, none of your friends have a CPU you can use to SBF? If you use the sbf file you can restore all the way back to 2.0 if you'd like.

soops

Reaction score
All of you going thru replacement phones, does Vzw ever ask if you root, occur, etc? I thought doing so void any warranty, even if you're insured.

OP
bullswife98

bullswife98

Reaction score
UNC, Verizon sent out a replacement one yesterday and its what I'm using now. My original one is in the box getting ready to be shipped back tomorrow meanwhile I have the replacement one I'm on called them and told them that I wont take this either and why (due to charging issues) and they went ahead and authorized a third one out it will arrive tomorrow.

DROOIID

Reaction score
I have never been asked once... I just unroot and uninstall "rooted apps" and bring it in there. They have so many people bringing back droid 1's that they assume its just another software issue.

All of you going thru replacement phones, does Vzw ever ask if you root, occur, etc? I thought doing so void any warranty, even if you're insured.

OP
bullswife98

bullswife98

Reaction score
Well they didn't ask me and honestly how my phone just up and quit seems like a malfunction,not anything I did. If I had done it because of root then I'm woman enough to own up to it, but something caused it to just clear itself out completely and by all means not by my doing.

ypsichick

Reaction score
Western KY and W. Los Angeles 3 miles from the bea

Just install a custom rom, CM 6.1 would be a good one for you. It will stop the notifications and add a lot of functionality.

Where do I find CM 6.1? I prepared to install ADW launcher too, its asking me to flash the ROM, but I hesitate... I have Titanium back up too. Do I also reinstall Astro?

So little time so many answers :)

Need Noobie ROM thread that makes sense. Please

OP
bullswife98

bullswife98

Reaction score
And since they told me to keep my sd card which there's nothing on it either, weird how its not on my sd card not root,not su, nothing not even a hint that I rooted,no roms,no files,nada nor anything on the phone. Almost like from scratch sorta speak a phone with no brain. Again not something I could do to it. The phone itself had done it.

UNC

Reaction score

Where do I find CM 6.1? I prepared to install ADW launcher too, its asking me to flash the ROM, but I hesitate... I have Titanium back up too. Do I also reinstall Astro?

So little time so many answers :)

Need Noobie ROM thread that makes sense. Please

Well if Titanium is running correctly I assume you have successfully rooted...

The easiest way for you to install CM would probably be Rom Manager. The free version has CyanogenMod.

1. Download Rom Manager from the market. (The dev will either list Koushik Dutta, Koush, or TeamDouche)

2. Run Rom Manager. It will tell you that you need Clockwork Recovery installed, and will give you the option to install it... allow it to install.

3. Click on Download rom... the first option on the list will be CyanogenMod... click on that...

4. Click on CyanogenMod 6.1.2 and a window should pop-up that has a check-box beside "install gapps" (or something to that effect) check the box, then click "ok".

5. When the rom is finished downloading a new window will pop up with two check-boxes "wipe data/cache" and "backup current rom". Check both boxes and click ok.

The phone will automagically restart into recovery and install the rom.

After you get it installed, you will need to enter your gmail info, then re-download Titanium and restore your apps.

Fin.

*I almost forgot, a few Superuser requests will be made by Rom manager, its not a data mine, so allow the requests.

**I cannot guarantee you that this will not brick your phone, but I've never heard of it happening, and even if it did you can always SBF a D1 back to out-of-box condition.

UNC

Reaction score
UNC, Verizon sent out a replacement one yesterday and its what I'm using now. My original one is in the box getting ready to be shipped back tomorrow meanwhile I have the replacement one I'm on called them and told them that I wont take this either and why (due to charging issues) and they went ahead and authorized a third one out it will arrive tomorrow.

Thanks I was very confused!

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's wierd that your SD card was empty. Maybe you downloaded a rogue app, and it asked for Super User permission, and proceeded to wreck havoc while your phone was idle.

OP
bullswife98

bullswife98

Reaction score
That's wierd that your SD card was empty. Maybe you downloaded a rogue app, and it asked for Super User permission, and proceeded to wreck havoc while your phone was idle.

I don't know,I guess it will be a mystery. Which is bad cuz if it was an app what one? Will never know cuz no way to investigate it, even tried to get up and running again with some other methods I was reading in older posts. Desprate last attempt I guess,but had to try it no avail... just keeps saying no files found, shows clockwork recovery still gives me options like restore,nandriod ect.. but when I click on those options and try to make it run, just says on the screen no files found for each one of the options so therefore no brain,nothing on the sdcard either. Funny thing though I am using this replacement phone and it has the sdcard in it that was used on the other droid battery to and when I go to manage apps, I hit sd and nothing is in there, no apps at all. Went to my pics have only what I dwnlded from zedge on it that's it. Everything else that was saved....gone!

Anathema

Reaction score
This sounds to me like you got a virus of some sort.

And I'm a little confused on what is exactly going on with the phone.

Let me know if I got this right,
1) You left your phone away from all harm in it's normal spot on the charger.
2) You come back and it's stuck on the Motorola logo

3) It deleted EVERYTHING including your sd-card which in no way would be reformated without permission of some sort. Phones don't just hijack your system without a reason, hardware malfunction or otherwise. No hardware malfunction that I have ever heard of on any device (computer OR phone) that would reformat an external storage device without there being a virus, or being done by a user/damage/accident/ect.

4) Then you got a bunch of refurbished phones, yeah we all know refurbs usually suck big time.

So if it was stuck on the Motorola Logo how did you know everything was deleted? I probably just have this wrong though.

If you have already abandoned all help regarding your phone by sending it in and getting a replacement, then what is the issue exactly? This last part is the most confusing to me.