A sad day for me and my for my droid1 :(

soops

Reaction score
Stay Stock For a While

I'm leaning toward rogue apps or virus, though certainly wouldn't rule out applying custom kernels or overclocking. If you have gone thru so many phone (replacements), maybe you should try to eliminate potential problems by staying completely stocks. Also when you go do restore account settings, some apps will restore via market (google), so try not to redownload some of those apps you had. Keep it simple and wait few weeks and let us know what happens. I'm sure I'm not the only one curious enough to hear more on this.

Droid_3.0

Reaction score
Errr if you havent sent back your phone yet and you can still reboot into recovery just use the sd card in the re ferb download the rom via rom manager put the sd card into the other then just install from there Hope it works and hope im not to late or over looked somthing best of luck

OP
bullswife98

bullswife98

Reaction score
Well I have my 2nd replacement droid1 now,its a keeper problem though its on 2.2.1 and can't root with a computer. I want to root this phone,was rooted prior with my first one and am spoiled by doing so. Anything I do has to be through the phone itself ie: a one click method or something. Please help!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Well I have my 2nd replacement droid1 now,its a keeper problem though its on 2.2.1 and can't root with a computer. I want to root this phone,was rooted prior with my first one and am spoiled by doing so. Anything I do has to be through the phone itself ie: a one click method or something. Please help!

Z4root.....,doesn't work? Absolutly no computer to sbf?

OP
bullswife98

bullswife98

Reaction score
Tried to do just that but rom manager would not let the replacement phone dwnld cuz it didn't have super user installed, there is no data on my sd card at all like out of the box brand new like, any way done sent it back by the way I could get into recovery but no files existed on anything. No backup, no data, no system. Had no choice but to send it back. So now I have a droid1 referbished and its not bad at all but its updated to the 2.2.1 update and keeps wanting me to update to the 2.2.2 I don't want the update cuz I want to root but no acsess to a computer so I have to do it via phone. Before on my first one I used z4root but that don't work on this build. So how do I do this?

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Haven't read the whole thread but Z4 root doesn't work for the D1, also the isnt a one one click root for it. You have to have a PC / Mac

OP
bullswife98

bullswife98

Reaction score
Well could ask neighbor to borrow her computer but she doesn't have a Droid and therefore wont have drivers installed. Also I'm not very savy in computers at all. I had read that super one click may root 2.2.1 but is it possible to just dwnld the file from xda and open the file connect my Droid through USB to it and install it on to my sd card disconnect reboot and be rooted?

Update: neighbor not willing to install moto drivers so it wont work.

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Well could ask neighbor to borrow her computer but she doesn't have a Droid and therefore wont have drivers installed. Also I'm not very savy in computers at all. I had read that super one click may root 2.2.1 but is it possible to just dwnld the file from xda and open the file connect my Droid through USB to it and install it on to my sd card disconnect reboot and be rooted?

Update: neighbor not willing to install moto drivers so it wont work.

You don't have anybody you could go to? Moms, Cousins, Uncles, Brother, Sisters, Friends anybody?

OP
bullswife98

bullswife98

Reaction score
Going to try when my daughter gets home in a little while,she has to babysit next door to me and they have internet,so since I can delete it of the computer when I get done no one will know that I used it. My worry is that the update verizon has downloaded automaticly now and I'm now 2.2.2 and not 2.2.1 anymore.

OP
bullswife98

bullswife98

Reaction score
Ok guys, I need someone to give me a crash course and detailed instuctions on how to use super one click to root this droid1 v2.2.2 my daughter will be home early from school today,(around lunchtime) and will be babysitting this afternoon. I need to learn all I can so I won't mess up my phone. Anyone out there that has patients to teach me this please,kinda don't know here abt super one click other than z4root method. With links as well.

Thanks in advance!!!

HardWired

Reaction score
Ok guys, I need someone to give me a crash course and detailed instuctions on how to use super one click to root this droid1 v2.2.2.....

You're posting to the wrong forum. This forum is for discussion of the Miui rom, not rooting a phone. There are detailed discussions and just as many users involved in the forum you should be posting to.

Dig it! Theres tons of info there, including rooting 2.2.2

Droid Hacks - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

frostthejack

Reaction score
Super one click is only easy option. Just got a replacement as well. Rooted my 2.2.2 Droid 1

OP
bullswife98

bullswife98

Reaction score
UPDATE!!! Finally got my d1 v2.2.2 rooted and running my favorite miui rom woot,woot!! Thanks for all the help!!