A Plan For A Brighter Android Future

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by WugFresh, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Cloud36426

Cloud36426 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah you have a point. I just would hate for someone to have a bad power button or volume buttons and call and ***** out the carrier. Then that happens a few thousand times a day or week and the carrier ditch all the hard work put in by u. Most hardware defects will show up in 2 weeks. I would not mind waiting 2 weeks. If things are headed down this path then we will be out all together. Great plan by the way wug u have my 150% support. Let me know if I can help.

Sent from my ADR6400L

2. Doulandroid

Doulandroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, it's not like you are at a club partying and just want to "unlock" the phone for one night, best to spend a couple weeks with that special phone before going all the way to root. And if you think that's a metaphor, you have a dirty mind.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

#14 Doulandroid, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  3. UNC

UNC Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    This was the kind of plan I was hoping you'd go with. On your other big thread about the bootloaders I think you got the idea that I was trying to deter you. Well, I wasn't. I'm glad you thought about doing some of the things I suggested. Best of luck to ya!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

4. zoe

zoe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    with you wug, I'm more active on dxf but I'll still be eyeballing this thread here as well

[insert_here]

5. WugFresh

WugFresh Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    @UNC
    I did draw things from your comments. You were calling me out a lot but you made valid points. So it's all good. I thought about this a long time ago... but it didn't become clear for me until recently.

{{ WugFresh }}

6. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Great plan. Count me in. If anything comes to mind, I'll share. Would love to help in some way.

...but seriously.

7. racingelting

racingelting Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Great post! Not sure what I can offer, let me know. Following

8. RW-1

RW-1 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I've always said the same thing to VZ for home internet.

I'd do up a "Geek Bundle"

Phone, Cable (with no sports channels at all, but lots of sci fi and science channels)

And the DSL would be as fast as a T1, for those torrent downloads or LAN blasts at your residence.

(a) they pay more money and (b) they have relatively less problems."

I disagree here.

Stock users pay just as much as we do, they just either don't wish to root, don't know about rooting, afraid to do so for fear of warrenty reprisal, or just don't wish to.

I don't belive they have less issues either, because you cannot group issues relating to rooting and installing custom ROMS in the same category, we choose to do that, and have to take what we get with it (ie loss of a function/functions while the devs figure it out).

I think on occasion we actually experience less issues, unless it is HW related, because of the community in which we have joined.

For example, take the "stock" dialer on the D1, stock is stock, but if running CM, you have the same thing, but with more options and functionality due to CyContacts.

For what could be called an issue by a stock user may just be that the stock OS doesn't have that functionality available. To them it is a bug, but to us, we know the story ...

I'm with you on all other points, well done!

9. armedmonkey

armedmonkey Member

Ratings:
    +0
    One minor concern I have is that it needs to be fair to root users who DONT use one of data.

10. PalmerCurling

PalmerCurling Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow Wug. This is impressive. If carriers don't brother taking even a look then I have no hope for American corporations at all.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

11. Mace_Bewley

Mace_Bewley New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Truly impressed Wugs!! Bravo my friend.

12. jjlittle1

jjlittle1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was thinking about your developer warranty and instead of having a 15 or 30 day warranty, you would have an insurance plan that you pay monthly just like you pay for insurance and if you use that insurance you send in your phone to have in replaced and pay $100 or some fee to receive a new one. I would think that those phones sent in could be reflashed by the manufacturers or insurance company and resold as reconditioned. This was your insured if its bricked and each side is covered.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Search tags for this page

swot analysis for droid dna

wristbands