A Plan For A Brighter Android Future

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
not thrilled with the 14 thing.
my x's screen banded after nine weeks and it was pure stock.

rooted, on liberty 2.0.1, slightly oc'd

I think this is where the idea of a rooted warranty comes in. If they can set it up so when you root, you are automatically changed to a different warranty instead of no warranty. The rooted warranty could be much stricter but still cover issues that are not software related; hardware/manufacturing issues only. Of course, some hardware, such as the CPU, wouldn't qualify, but things like the screen should still be covered.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
W

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
OP Updated with leaked information.

bd1212

Reaction score
What we need is for someone like Cyanogen to see this and maybe tweet it so that his followers can see this. He has almost 60,000 followers!

OP
W

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
What we need is for someone like Cyanogen to see this and maybe tweet it so that his followers can see this. He has almost 60,000 followers!

I like the sound of that.

{{ WugFresh }}

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Someone spark note this :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
W

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
@currentweb
I stated the way I felt. I think that P3Droid heard me. He doesn't feel that my description is representative of him. I told him I was sorry. I am not removing my previous statements because that is how I felt at the time. It was after those comments that I felt differently.

I also just received leaked information which can be found in the op, that contradicts some of whats been told by P3Droid.

{{ WugFresh }}

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Very nice read, wug .... you def put some serious thought into this .... I like the whole thing.... :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Is there cliff notes for this?

FC127

Reaction score
Interesting new information... It still, however, doesn't address the issue of how Verizon feels about roms and their general opinion of the hacking/Modding community. If they are able to see who is rooted, they are likely able to see who is running a custom os, right?

Sent from my Focused DX

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there cliff notes for this?

Ill try. Pretty much his plan is for all current users to unite and tell non rooted users about the benefits of rooting. In essence "recruit" other people normally wouldn't root to get on board with the idea. Once that's done a website will be put up and petitions signed which will then be presented to the carriers to see if one of them will bite and change their plans or create a new plan tailor made for those that want to root.

If I'm way off someone correct me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
W

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
That is not the plan. Cliff notes are bad. Re read.

{{ WugFresh }}

Beardface

Reaction score
I like the idea, but you're missing one major part of this that will eventually lead to it not working. That is, whats in it for the carriers. You make some great points, but you are just assuming these things will work. Show them in terms of monetary value why this will work. In the end, if we want this, we will have to pay, and we are all going to be willing to do that.

So... What are my ideas? Don't have special phones for rooters. Have it the ability of EVERY phone to be rooted. Have that rooting app, or kill switch for the lock a pay service. You want to root? Sure, but pay $5 or $10 to do it. Boom, thats $5-$10m in revenue to the carriers and manufacturers for little to no effort on their part. You want to remove some of those bloatware apps? Sure, the OS will allow you to do that... For $1 per removed app. You want to run a custom ROM. Sure, make a ROM & Theme Market for them. And set aside a percentage of those purchases for the carriers and manufacturers. They get millions more in their pockets, and suddenly the ROM developers are making money as well.

Present it like that, and you might get somewhere. Present them with hard, tangible numbers and they'll listen. Yeah, it will suck that we will have to pay for this, but in the end, it would be more than worth it, and would take Android to the levels we know it can be.