A.I.type - the new standard for keyboards on smartphones

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
Things are not worth their price because of how much you use them or need them. They are worth their price because of economics 101 "supply and demand" of the item (there are other keyboards that are arguably just as good as A.I. but cheaper). This means A.I. is charging too much. They would make a lot more money while taking away some of swiftkey sales if they charged $3 or even $2 cheaper. The ideal is too maximize profit and not care about pride in what a program should be worth. This is business 101.

I understand what you're saying, but I don't agree with it. Sure, Ferrari could make more money if they sold their cars for $40,000 cheaper. You could argue this same thing with just about everything.

There is nothing wrong with having pride in your product and pricing it accordingly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

h1a8

Reaction score
I understand what you're saying, but I don't agree with it. Sure, Ferrari could make more money if they sold their cars for $40,000 cheaper. You could argue this same thing with just about everything.

There is nothing wrong with having pride in your product and pricing it accordingly.

If pride is an issue then making money isn't. You can't have too much pride when trying to make the most money possible. I thought the purpose of good business was to make the most money possible. Otherwise, why even charge anything? To each it's own. Both A.I and swiftkey has things I would like to see improved. Swiftkey is slightly better because of price and the placement of the punctuation keys and than that's why many go with it over A.I.

Now if A.I. had the punctuation buttons at the bottom like swiftkey does (or a way to customize them in) then it I would not only buy it in a heartbeat but uninstall swiftkey and never use it again.

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
A.I. doesn't have the "?" or "," along with the "." key at the bottom easily assessable. Swiftkey does. With A.I. one has to either long press or perform two presses to access these keys. With that reason along with price I chose Swiftkey.

---

Now if A.I. had the punctuation buttons at the bottom like swiftkey does (or a way to customize them in) then it I would not only buy it in a heartbeat but uninstall swiftkey and never use it again.

A.I.type does in fact have the "," and "." keys easily accessible. See?

View attachment 49175

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
Just a heads up for anyone interested, the maker of A.I.type responded to a suggestion I sent him regarding adding a swiping input method. He said he would look into it. Since the autocorrections and predictions are already top tier, A.I.type could be the swiping keyboard that finally bests Swype in that field.

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
In a few days, I'll be posting another Battle of the Keyboards thread, this time much more elaborate and thorough. In the first Battle, A.I.type outperformed SwiftKey X and the rest of the competition in typing/autocorrect accuracy. In predictions, A.I.type came in 2nd to Adaptxt with SwiftKey X coming in 3rd. I'm really curious to see how these keyboards perform under more strenuous testing. I'll update this thread when it has been posted.

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
Dragon Dictation is great, but for me, the swiping accuracy is nowhere near as good as Swype.