A few things i would like addressed

r-dubya

Reaction score
I actually uninstalled the Antivirus App and EVERY issue I had is resolved. Who would have thought.
Antivirus software causes a lot of problems on every platform. Not the least of which is making everything slow. I've never used antivirus, on my phone or computer.

You are 100% correct. One of the main reasons my Mac runs so much smoother then my PC is the fact that it is not bogged down by anti virus software.

Q

qoncept

I actually uninstalled the Antivirus App and EVERY issue I had is resolved. Who would have thought.
Antivirus software causes a lot of problems on every platform. Not the least of which is making everything slow. I've never used antivirus, on my phone or computer.
remind me to never ask you for any files.
Being smart about what you download and where is a lot more important than antivirus software. I've gotten a couple viruses, but both times I was downloading things that I figured probably would have them, and I bet no antivirus software would have caught it. No question in my mind the drawbacks of antivirus FAR outweigh the benefits.

Also, I quit using Windows a year and a half ago.

Silver Member
Reaction score
i'll still stick to my earlier comment.

ShowTime

Reaction score
Being smart about what you download and where is a lot more important than antivirus software. I've gotten a couple viruses, but both times I was downloading things that I figured probably would have them, and I bet no antivirus software would have caught it. No question in my mind the drawbacks of antivirus FAR outweigh the benefits.

Soooo why would you download them then? :confused:
Also, I'm with 640k. I have run my computer both with and without antivirus software at times, and noticed no significant lag or any other drawback to using it. And better safe than sorry. (and if there ever are confirmed Android viruses and an antivirus program that doesn't **** with my phone, I'd get that too... but not a second sooner ;))

Q

qoncept

Soooo why would you download them then? :confused:
Also, I'm with 640k. I have run my computer both with and without antivirus software at times, and noticed no significant lag or any other drawback to using it. And better safe than sorry. (and if there ever are confirmed Android viruses and an antivirus program that doesn't **** with my phone, I'd get that too... but not a second sooner ;))
Because it was on a system I didn't care about and I really wanted to play Nintendo 64 games on my computer.

Virus scanners are like Captcha. They don't work and they make normal usage a PITA.