A few things i would like addressed

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by pittsgutta, Feb 20, 2010.

1. pittsgutta

pittsgutta New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, so I have had my Droid since the 1st week of launch and here are a few things I would like to call out and hopefully this forum can help me.

1.) I purchased 2 chargers from ebay for the Droid. They both say Motorola however when I use these 2 chargers they seem to freeze up my phone and it locks up and takes me to other places when I click something else. Its almost nonfuncional when I am using these chargers. Has anyone else expereinced this with 3rd party chargers and how can i resolve this?

2.) My Voice Search no longer works. It worked perfectly the 1st month or so. Now when I speak it NEVER hears me. It just keeps saying "No Speech Heard. !" Is anyone experiencing this? If so, is their a fix or why does it happen?

3.) When using my GPS why does my phone shut off at times or my screen go black or goes to lock?

4.) Why does this phone consistanly lock up when i try and quickly navigate?

5.) Whats up with the dust particles under the LCD?

6.) Why cant I get through a day without my batteries phone dying? Any recommendations on preserving battery life?

Thanks for ANY help!

2. mike_kauble

mike_kauble Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well. . .I bought mine on 11/6 and I haven't seen any of those issues. If you have that many problems, I would take it back.

1. I can charge my phone with a variety of chargers, including USB in the car, and it's fine.

2. Voice search quit on me once when I installed SIPDroid. Uninstalled, rebooted and it's fine.

3 & 4. My GPS may be a bit slow to change sometimes, but it works fine. Nav works fine too.

5. No dust, but I use a case that covers the glass seams.

6. Battery. Mine use to last a good 15 hour with use. Once I OC'd and started running 950/250, I get a good 20 hours.

Seriously, just take it back. That's a buttload of issues.

3. pittsgutta

pittsgutta New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How can i take a phone back that is months old?

4. mike_kauble

mike_kauble Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think the hardware warranty is 1 year. Do you have insurance?

5. pittsgutta

pittsgutta New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes..........

6. titans

titans Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you have insurance, you should be able to exchange it

7. bobmundo123

bobmundo123 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Dude.. honestly exchange it and get a new one.. dust particles under ur screen.. already.. dude.. I don't wanna saw u abused the thing.. but I mean.. come on.. as far as everything else.. I mean maybe u jus got a really bad phone.. that's a lot of problems.. bring it back and get a new one.. I've done that like 3 times so far at no charge.. I plan on goin back too.. jus so I can get a new phone when I buy the case so it'll b like new... forever..hahaha..

8. pittsgutta

pittsgutta New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I actually uninstalled the Antivirus App and EVERY issue I had is resolved. Who would have thought.

9. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you using Google Maps or Google Nav? It will go black and lock with the former. It won't with the latter.

10. qoncept

qoncept Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    The problem is the chargers. They aren't filtering the power well enough and it's causing interference on your touchscreen. There's nothing you can do but replace them. I put my crappy charger in the bedroom where I never use the phone.

11. xrascal4

xrascal4 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    All phones are covered under 1 yr manufacture warranty so u can exchange ur phone as many times as necessary in the first year for no charge as long as there is no pressure damage to the screen and your battery/phone liquid indicater is still white. What verizon doesn't tell u or want customers to know is if u exchange under warranty defect 4 times in a 90 day period u cn actually get another model if u ask.

12. rusray

rusray Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Seriously? Antivirus Apps put dust under your screen? Crazy. :p

Search tags for this page

droid x fix no speech heard