A few safestrap questions

Tonyr570

Reaction score
I was looking into flashing a rom on my razr and saw that safestrap is the recovery to use. I have read up on it quite a bit and think i get most of it and how it is different than CWM. Although I'm a little unclear on the what safe mode enabled/disabled does. When you make a back up of stock+root rom in "unsafe mode" then flash a new rom in "safe mode" can you switch back to "unsafe mode" and boot into your stock+root rom? Or if not what happens if you switch back to unsafe mode while running a custom rom?

willmiii

Reaction score
I was looking into flashing a rom on my razr and saw that safestrap is the recovery to use. I have read up on it quite a bit and think i get most of it and how it is different than CWM. Although I'm a little unclear on the what safe mode enabled/disabled does. When you make a back up of stock+root rom in "unsafe mode" then flash a new rom in "safe mode" can you switch back to "unsafe mode" and boot into your stock+root rom? Or if not what happens if you switch back to unsafe mode while running a custom rom?

Yes you can go back and forth by enabling and disabling safemode. Your stock rooted back up will be when safemode is disabled. When you enable it you load your rom and run that OS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

B

bens42608

what about your apps n everything? When you boot insafemode i get it that ur booting into the custom rom which im assuming is brand new with no apps installed, etc but what if u boot into nonsafe mode- is it ur old phone with ur wallpaper and apps n everything before u rommed? im a lil confused with safestrap. Id like to Keep my bionic the way it is, yet seperately try out eclipse, but id like to be able to get rid of eclipse after i try it out and go back to the way my bionic is now. Is this possible? Is that the purpose of safestrap? Theres not really anywhere i can find that expains all this in detail. thank you

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That is exactly what safestrap non-safe and safe mode is.

B

bens42608

Guidot, I wanna use safe strap just to see what Ics feels like then I wanna delete it all, UN root my phone, and just come back to exactly the way my phone is right now.could you please tell me how to do that?

Much appreciated.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums