A few dumb questions....

LabShark

Reaction score
I really like my MotoDroid - but not a huge user of the keyboard.

1. What are the pitfalls of going to an HTC Incredible from my Droid?
2. Can I still use the same apps?
3. Does Launcher Pro work with HTC?
4. The HTC still runs 2.2 right?

I guess in general I'd like to go to the thinner HTC - but don't quite understand if all phones running 2.2 are the same - just have some different features or if everything is different. I really like how I have customized my current Droid and don't want to switch and regret it.

Any advice?

aldaudio

Reaction score
I really like my MotoDroid - but not a huge user of the keyboard.

1. What are the pitfalls of going to an HTC Incredible from my Droid?
2. Can I still use the same apps?
3. Does Launcher Pro work with HTC?
4. The HTC still runs 2.2 right?

I guess in general I'd like to go to the thinner HTC - but don't quite understand if all phones running 2.2 are the same - just have some different features or if everything is different. I really like how I have customized my current Droid and don't want to switch and regret it.

Any advice?

you can use most of the same apps with the DI. LauncherPro will work, but the DI user interface is completely diffferent, so you might not want to switch. and the 2.2 OTA has rolled out for the DI.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
L

LabShark

Reaction score
Sounds like a no-brainer - even for me. :)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP, I suggest that you visit the local VZW store and spend 30 minutes or more playing with an Incredible. No different than test driving a car before you purchase or trying on an article of clothing before you purchase.

My two cents :)

Mike

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
OP, I suggest that you visit the local VZW store and spend 30 minutes or more playing with an Incredible. No different than test driving a car before you purchase or trying on an article of clothing before you purchase.

My two cents :)

Mike

Definitely agree - check out the phones available and mess with them side by side so you get a good feel for what you are getting...

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
1: none the incredible is a all round better device
2: yes except in rare cases
3: yes
4: yes

Why do you say its a better device? Kinda skeptical for that...

its faster stock for stock, it does not have the craptacular keyboard that comes with the droid, has sense UI... i know some like it some hate it but if you look at the number of droids that try to mock the Sense UI look you would see how many really want it. The OLED screen on the incredible makes the droid look old and antiquated. The incredible is lighter and thinner plus feels better in the hand. Incredible has more internal storage. The incredible has a 8mp camera VS the droids slow and grainy 5mp.

i could keep going but im tired and decided to stop there.

sboman_32

Reaction score
way to close to the equator for my taste...
1: none the incredible is a all round better device
2: yes except in rare cases
3: yes
4: yes

Why do you say its a better device? Kinda skeptical for that...

its faster stock for stock, it does not have the craptacular keyboard that comes with the droid, has sense UI... i know some like it some hate it but if you look at the number of droids that try to mock the Sense UI look you would see how many really want it. The OLED screen on the incredible makes the droid look old and antiquated. The incredible is lighter and thinner plus feels better in the hand. Incredible has more internal storage. The incredible has a 8mp camera VS the droids slow and grainy 5mp.

i could keep going but im tired and decided to stop there.
I totally agree