Is there a wireless tethering App that works with the HTC One?

Calescent

Reaction score
Is there a wireless tethering App that works with the HTC One?

I really like the HTC One, except for the glaring problem that HTC phones don't work with Foxfi. I'm going to upgrade my phone soon, and while the HTC One is my first choice, if I can't find a wireless tethering solution I'll end up going with the Samsung Galaxy S4 instead.

Please advice!

OP
C

Calescent

Reaction score
Well, when I tried using FoxFi with my Thunderbolt, the message reads that HTC phones don't work with FoxFi due to something HTC does to their phones.

xtor

Reaction score
Well, when I tried using FoxFi with my Thunderbolt, the message reads that HTC phones don't work with FoxFi due to something HTC does to their phones.

Have you tried it anyway? Just to see

sent from a note yee

OP
C

Calescent

Reaction score
I don't have an HTC One yet... I'd like to get an HTC One, but only if I am able to use it for wireless tethering. If I'm not, I'll get the Samsung Galaxy S4 instead. As such, I have no means to test.

xtor

Reaction score
I don't have an HTC One yet... I'd like to get an HTC One, but only if I am able to use it for wireless tethering. If I'm not, I'll get the Samsung Galaxy S4 instead. As such, I have no means to test.

According to what I read online it does, you might look it up online for yourself, s4 is a great phone my bro inlaw has one, I asked the question for you in the htc forum on this site for you, you might go there for better answers from people with that phone. Hope this helps:)

sent from a note yee

OP
C

Calescent

Reaction score
I agree the Samsung S4 is a great phone. However, I feel the HTC One edges it out with a better camera, less clutterware, and a nicer look. That said, I prefer the S4 with wireless tethering over the HTC One without it.

xtor

Reaction score
I agree the Samsung S4 is a great phone. However, I feel the HTC One edges it out with a better camera, less clutterware, and a nicer look. That said, I prefer the S4 with wireless tethering over the HTC One without it.

Ya that's a big thing for me, all my home Internet is done through our phone's, and I play ps3 online with mine, I'm still on unlimited

sent from a note yee

OP
C

Calescent

Reaction score
Just wanted to bump this as the HTC One is finally out for verizon.

martinclayson

Reaction score
Ofcourse Yes, I have a Stock Rezound as well and as far as I know the only way it will work through FoxFi is via Bluetooth. I use it sometimes to tether my Nexus 7. It is quite slow and unreliable but for the most part it gets the job done, Your other option is to root your phone. I may produce you with some other details if interested.