Samsung s4 or HTC One

trizzypballr

Reaction score
Which do you guys like better the Samsung Galaxy S4 or the HTC One? I'm trying to decide which one to get, I have Verizon.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Both really good phones. ..plenty of happy people with both ... I'm going from friends with HTC on other carriers but should be same on Verizon ..I'm a Sammy fan I like what they are doing recently ..I'd definitely go by the store and play with both ...feel in hand is different for peeps ...

N2 tap'd HD

Erikbal

Reaction score
Here's a good video I found on youtube comparing the two. They're both sweet phone but I think I'd personally go with the S4.

[video=youtube;7tBZInwOOds]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tBZInwOOds&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

NOVICE

Reaction score
S4 has gotten a bad rep owing to all the tricked out features--many of which are useless to the average user.

I personally am not offended by the Samsung approach as I just don't turn on the stuff I don't need. And there are capabilities I use that others find ridiculous.

Some people psychologically just can't handle having "BLOATWARE" on their phone. (Leo Laporte, I'm talking to you)

With the Note 2 I am still discovering new features after 8 months.

With the heavy duty processing power of the premium Samsung phones you don't have to worry about the extra software slowing down the phone. Sit back, relax, and don't obsess about battery life--always travel with a spare that can be changed out in less than 60 seconds.

OP
T

trizzypballr

Reaction score
Heh, I walked into the Verizon store today pretty well set on an S4 and the salesman talked me out of it, told me basicly that Samsung is junk, and that the DNA is better than the One. He said the One will break easier if dropped and has a crappier camera? No clue what to think now

salem667

Reaction score
If u root... motos tell it on you. Dna isnt better than s4... Moto is also very slow for updates. Worse battery life... only good thing moto has is hdmi port

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
HTC One no question. The build quality far surpasses Samsung, along with the sound quality. Samsung has a few bells and whistles that could be helpful for some people, but most of it is useless for most. The camera on the One was awesome is low light. Here is an example I took
3ejy3y5e.jpg

pesaba9u.jpg

And then there's this one during daylight
y8azy9a4.jpg

The s4 screen makes any image look amazing, but when I transferred to a computer, there was no difference.
a9amejum.jpg

tede9ymy.jpg

3y2e4yby.jpg

scott craft

Reaction score
I don't think you can go wrong getting the HTC One or the S4. Both are great phones. I am leaning towards the One for myself due to the speakers, former factor and speed of the phone. I like the S4 and it has it's own advantages, but the One has more things I like about it.

OP
T

trizzypballr

Reaction score
I want to lean towards the One, but the camera scares me... I have 2 young kids that I love to take pics of. Also thanks to Verizon I'm stuck with this phone for 2 years instead of just 1 now... If HTC actually put a good camera in the one it'd be an easy decision for me, but because of the crappy camera HTC is pushing me towards the competitor...